a pce tip

thumbnail
adam ,, modified 12 Years ago at 5/11/11 4:21 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 5/11/11 4:02 PM

a pce tip

Hey long time.. anyway

I've been gone for a while, i check in and read every once and a while but i figured i'd post a little thingy i used today that got me into my first lasting, vivid, probably first real pce.

i was in class and the "cosmological principle" was brought up, about basically how all points in the universe are exactly equivalent in terms of laws of nature... this got me really thinking, i realized that every single infinitely small point in the entire infinite (maybe) universe is equal. then i thought about how we are occupying an infinitely small point on an infinite timeline... then I thought about how everything is just basically causal, transient, random chaos, and that we simply see things and assign ideas to them but really all that exists is infinite points that are all equal, merely appearing different because of the way our senses imperfectly perceive it, all contained in an infinitely small point of time...
then i sort of tried to look around at everything as if it was all just sort of a shifting mass, trying to not assign concepts to anything, trying to not make any distinctions between any part of the thing, and sort of just "be" the universe as a single infinite thing.

the thing that really got me going was the idea that everything, everywhere, all the time is the exact same "thing," understanding that I sort of just looked around, sensuous attentiveness, wonder etc. etc. my theory is that this perspective of everything being equal sort of broke down any underlying fears and desires I had, because if everything will always be the exact same (and perfect because there is no possible way for anything to have imperfection in the absolute sense) why be upset

also, looking at the universe as just a bunch of little dots is a good way to downplay the things you'd normally be upset about, if you're hungry, all you're wanting is to rearrange some stuff into a different organization that is of equal value to what it is now...

so anyway, none of that made sense, but ok, hi guys
thumbnail
Jon T, modified 12 Years ago at 5/11/11 4:44 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 5/11/11 4:44 PM

RE: a pce tip

hey adam....good to hear you're still thinking about all of it.
Matt L, modified 12 Years ago at 5/13/11 4:51 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 5/13/11 4:51 AM

RE: a pce tip

hey adam can you describe the pce a bit more?