Message Boards Message Boards

Miscellaneous

What is the meaning behind the DhO banner symbol?

Toggle
The blue semicircle, green triangle, and red circle on sticks at the top of the page - do they have some symbolic meaning? I must have scrolled past it a hundred times without thinking anything of it until today.

RE: What is the meaning behind the DhO banner symbol?
Answer
3/10/20 3:09 AM as a reply to Milo.
I always assumed that they were impermanence, not-self, and suffering, with the little lines showing the arising, existing, and passing away even of these three characteristics.  But who knows.

Malcolm 

Answer
3/10/20 5:11 AM as a reply to Milo.

Answer
3/10/20 5:42 AM as a reply to Derek2.
Derek2:

Woah, I can see now why it's hard to maintains this system :-D . Many thanks to all the people participating in it. And thank for sharing this Derek :-) .

Answer
3/10/20 9:18 AM as a reply to Milo.
Doesn't it change? I thought it cycled through a few different images.

Answer
3/10/20 2:36 PM as a reply to Derek2.
Thanks Derek! Then I guess it boils down to: it looks good, reminds people of any of the sets of three in Buddhism, the big three branches of Buddhism, and kind of looks like the letters DhO : )

Answer
3/10/20 2:39 PM as a reply to Brandon Dayton.
I remember it changing at one point but I haven't noticed it recently (Since last software update?) It used to have the eye and the Buddha head flame too, I think. Then again I'm a masochist who more often then not pulls the site up on a phone, so maybe it just doesn't display correctly on mobile.

Answer
3/11/20 10:27 AM as a reply to Milo.
Huh well it is the head flame at the top of the page today so can confirm the rotation is indeed still working on mobile : )

Answer
3/11/20 5:18 PM as a reply to Brandon Dayton.
Yes, it changes. If anyone is interested in submitting more logos for consideration in the rotation, let me know!

Thanks,

Daniel