Regarding the one-on-one direct pointing threads

thumbnail
Florian, modified 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 2:36 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 2:36 PM

Regarding the one-on-one direct pointing threads

Since the "don't interrupt direct pointing threads" rule sits a bit uneasily with the rest of the forum, where all may participate, it would be in the best interest of both those engaged in direct pointing, and the rest of the forum, if these dialogues were carried out via mail, or some form of chat.

Any particularly interesting protocols could be posted in the Direct Pointing section, and discussed there, in the usual way discussions are held on the DhO.

Thanks,
Florian
thumbnail
Elena Joy, modified 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 7:28 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 7:28 PM

RE: Regarding the one-on-one direct pointing threads

Florian, so we continue or we should stop? Can you clarify please! Thank you.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 7:32 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 7:32 PM

I agree.

While I am a great proponent of people realizing directly essential truths of experience for themselves, and also appreciate the ability for people to read about how various methods of inquiry are actually accomplished in real time, it is nice when people can participate in various discussions and ask questions.

If people want a forum for this sort of one-on-one direct pointing, or simple are interested in more of what it looks like, there is already one established at http://www.ruthlesstruth.com/arena/index.php

I would prefer that the forum on the DhO not be clogged by a great series of one-on-one dialogues that exclude others, though it has been interesting to see examples of the methods, paradigms, attitudes, lexicons, and conversational styles of the RT-influenced practitioners, and I think that the current series of posts will give people a good taste such that, if they wish for more, they know where to find it, and I am glad that this venue exists to meet the obvious need and interest in this method.

I do think that practical discussion of that method and how it relates to other methods is very interesting and am a fan of the diversity of discussion that goes on here between engaged and talented innovators and explorers.

Daniel
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 7:38 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 7:38 PM

Elena,

I think that if you wish you could let the currently started threads run as they have been just so see where they go and how it works, but if people are interested in starting new ones, and there could potentially be many in this category, then they will know where to go and so everyone will hopefully be satisfied and able to find what they are looking for.

This way, there is no interruption in interesting work already in progress, but it also will not overwhelm the forum, which entertains a broader array of topics.

I would still encourage any threads on RT/DP that relate to open discussions of methods, results, how it relates to other practices, benefits, limits, side effects, and the like, as I think these will be quite interesting.

Thoughts?

Daniel
thumbnail
Elena Joy, modified 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 11:03 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/19/11 11:03 PM

Daniel, fine with me! Thanks!

Breadcrumb