New to this - a few questions

Richard Geller, modified 12 Years ago at 7/29/11 12:14 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/29/11 12:14 PM

New to this - a few questions

Hi,

Of all the things I have come across, actual freedom seems to me to be the thing to go for. I have read large parts of the site.

Also one of the reasons I think actual freedom is the way to go is the way Richard comes across in the sample videos. Very normal actually, natural and very relaxed. I mean, do you see any signs of stress anywhere? Look at his face, it's relaxed as it possibly can be. At the same time he's very lucid and clearly functioning just fine.

My questions are:

1. Is there anyone on here who has become actually free? If so, how did you achieve this and how did it happen actually?

2. Have there been new methods developed to achieve it other than the one on the actual freedom site?

3. Is there any way to contact Richard, Peter or Vineeto? I want in. And I need their help.

4. The PCE... I have no clue what it is. Is it when you look up to the nights sky and you are overwhelmed by the beauty of it, to the point of only experiencing this overwhelmingly pleasurable tingling feeling in your eyes?

Addition to 4. If that is it, how can Richard then also say that he experiences no feelings at all? This is what makes me doubt all my PCE experiences and leaves me with no clue what it is. In each one of my recollections, there are always feelings, although different from my ordinary once. But it is the sensation on the skin, the feeling in your eyes, stuff like that.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks a lot.

Rich.
ed c, modified 12 Years ago at 7/29/11 4:24 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/29/11 4:24 PM

RE: New to this - a few questions

Richard Geller:

My questions are:

1. Is there anyone on here who has become actually free? If so, how did you achieve this and how did it happen actually?

2. Have there been new methods developed to achieve it other than the one on the actual freedom site?

3. Is there any way to contact Richard, Peter or Vineeto? I want in. And I need their help.

4. The PCE... I have no clue what it is. Is it when you look up to the nights sky and you are overwhelmed by the beauty of it, to the point of only experiencing this overwhelmingly pleasurable tingling feeling in your eyes?

Addition to 4. If that is it, how can Richard then also say that he experiences no feelings at all? This is what makes me doubt all my PCE experiences and leaves me with no clue what it is. In each one of my recollections, there are always feelings, although different from my ordinary once. But it is the sensation on the skin, the feeling in your eyes, stuff like that.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks a lot.

Rich.

Hi Richard.
Welcome. Here are some thoughts to get you going regarding your questions.
#1 - Yes. There are several people who post here that are AF and a few who seem very close. I'll let them identify themselves if desired but you can easily figure it out yourself if you start reading the history of posts here. I spent the better part of two months doing this and it was very valuable. I still refer back to old posts from certain people.

#2 - Yes. Complicated question, typically involving meditation techniques. Just scan the last month of questions and you'll see 5 - 10 posts on things related to this.

#3 - Not to my knowledge. But my personal opinion is that there is so much information on the AF site and here, there isn't really a need to ask questions of those 3 directly. Questions posted here will get answered, by knowlegable people, especially if it's clear you're trying and willing to some of your own digging too. The best questions are the ones you answer yourself.

#4 - In addition to the myriad of posts about PCE's here, you could and should listen to the two podcasts with Tarin and Daniel at the Hurricane ranch. http://www.interactivebuddha.com/podcasts.shtml

Good luck.
Ed
Richard Geller, modified 12 Years ago at 7/30/11 8:23 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/30/11 8:23 AM

ed c:
Richard Geller:

My questions are:

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks a lot.

Rich.

Hi Richard.
#1 - Yes. There are several people who post here that are AF and a few who seem very close. I'll let them identify themselves if desired but you can easily figure it out yourself if you start reading the history of posts here. I spent the better part of two months doing this and it was very valuable. I still refer back to old posts from certain people.

#2 - Yes. Complicated question, typically involving meditation techniques. Just scan the last month of questions and you'll see 5 - 10 posts on things related to this.

#3 - Not to my knowledge. But my personal opinion is that there is so much information on the AF site and here, there isn't really a need to ask questions of those 3 directly. Questions posted here will get answered, by knowlegable people, especially if it's clear you're trying and willing to some of your own digging too. The best questions are the ones you answer yourself.

#4 - In addition to the myriad of posts about PCE's here, you could and should listen to the two podcasts with Tarin and Daniel at the Hurricane ranch. http://www.interactivebuddha.com/podcasts.shtml

Good luck.
Ed

This was very helpful Ed, thanks a lot.
Richard Geller, modified 12 Years ago at 8/1/11 2:54 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/1/11 2:54 PM

Richard Geller:
ed c:
Richard Geller:

My questions are:

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks a lot.

Rich.

Hi Richard.

Good luck.
Ed

This was very helpful Ed, thanks a lot.

ok so i lestened to the podcasts and the one who claims af is obviously bullshitting.

what the hell kind of group am i on, pretenders who like their ego's stroked or reaal afers?

if you listen to even the sllightedt bit of the person claimining af, you will see the bs immediately.

friggin ego wanting to be important.

i'm close to getting there (see my other post), but these guys are a joke.

wanna whine about my spelling (i have noticed this to be a favority scapegoat), just fucking stop it. Get to the core. i'm both dyslectic and not a native speaker of english.

geez, those podccatst were humuliating.

Why, is the obvious question? because it goes deep into buddha's shit. af iss not like that.

and also, this person who apparantly attaind af doesn't know shit aabout it.

i found this site years ago. and not you fakers are making podcasts??

just imagine the karma getting back at you.

this is just too humiliating.
Nad A, modified 12 Years ago at 8/1/11 5:02 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/1/11 4:59 PM

Richard Geller:

ok so i lestened to the podcasts and the one who claims af is obviously bullshitting.

what the hell kind of group am i on, pretenders who like their ego's stroked or reaal afers?

if you listen to even the sllightedt bit of the person claimining af, you will see the bs immediately.

wanna whine about my spelling (i have noticed this to be a favority scapegoat), just fucking stop it. Get to the core. i'm both dyslectic and not a native speaker of english.

Why, is the obvious question? because it goes deep into buddha's shit. af iss not like that.

You are aware that the one who claims af in that podcast is Tarin, from Addendum #6 here http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/announcement.htm#Addendum4 ?

I'd be interested to know why you think they're fakers. Mentioning buddhism is not a good reason.
fred flinstone, modified 12 Years ago at 8/2/11 4:29 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/2/11 4:26 PM

Hey Richard, the stuff about Tarin's actualism claim isn't really all that important, it's better to just see what works for you and go with that. And as a matter of fact, Richard from the actual freedom trust goes into Buddhism as well, they both do because they see the two things as being related. Whether they see them as being related as opposites, meaning that they have nothing to do with each other, or they see them as being in the same direction, or they see them having some other relationship doesn't really have any bearing on whether the people talking about the two different things are for real or not. When you said that the person who apparently attained AF doesn't know shit about it, what exactly are you referring to?

In any case, whether you believe in someone's claim to AF or not, you should just verify what they say yourself. I've heard some great advice from people who claim nothing and I've heard advice that didn't work for me from Richard himself, anyway good luck, if you're still around ;).
Richard Geller, modified 12 Years ago at 8/3/11 8:45 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/3/11 8:45 AM

Nad A.:
Richard Geller:

You are aware that the one who claims af in that podcast is Tarin, from Addendum #6 here http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/announcement.htm#Addendum4 ?

I'd be interested to know why you think they're fakers. Mentioning buddhism is not a good reason.

i was jumping to conclusions. richard having verified tarin's freedom is enough for me. richard is always very clear and precise in his writing, so i trust his judgement.

i've been doing the af method for a few days now and some real concerns prompted me to stop. not that i think it's bad, but there are some important questions and concerns that i would like someone have a look at.

the main reason is that the point one steps into actual freedom has until now proven to be irrevocable. and things have been going damn fast these last day.

i'm afraid that if i continue, the irreversable thing happens and it turns out to be something that shouldn't have happened.

i have all the respect in the world for richard and actualists. they are good people with good intent. they really mean well.

so, please keep in mind that i mean the following in a respectful, non-insulting way:

there is the main concern in me that richard has experienced actually something terrible (though his experience feels good) and that it seems like "it" to him and those who follow, but is actually something that is not natural.

like someone who after braindamage is convinced of something and manages people to have the same experience, and from that perspective it seems like "it , but it's actually a disorder.

with this concern, i'm sure you can understand i want some answers before stepping into something irreversable.
Richard Geller, modified 12 Years ago at 8/3/11 8:47 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/3/11 8:47 AM

fred flinstone:

Hey Richard, the stuff about Tarin's actualism claim isn't really all that important, it's better to just see what works for you and go with that. And as a matter of fact, Richard from the actual freedom trust goes into Buddhism as well, they both do because they see the two things as being related. Whether they see them as being related as opposites, meaning that they have nothing to do with each other, or they see them as being in the same direction, or they see them having some other relationship doesn't really have any bearing on whether the people talking about the two different things are for real or not. When you said that the person who apparently attained AF doesn't know shit about it, what exactly are you referring to?

In any case, whether you believe in someone's claim to AF or not, you should just verify what they say yourself. I've heard some great advice from people who claim nothing and I've heard advice that didn't work for me from Richard himself, anyway good luck, if you're still around ;).

heya thanks! see my post to nad for details on how my perception on all this has changed.

i'll start up a new thread with my current progress and concerns later today or tomorrow, so that it stays organized.