Alerts

thumbnail
Daniel M. Ingram, 6 hours ago.

Liferay 7.3 Upgrade Done! Please us know in if it is working properly. Important

General

Dear All,

The remarkable Manish has managed to upgrade Liferay, the platform the DhO runs on, to version 7.3! This is a remarkable accomplishment, as Liferay upgrades have proved mind-boggling difficult, with each one we have done taking teams of people over a year each with many errors and failures along the way. Many thanks to Manish! If you find any errors, glitches, problems, or areas for improvement, please let us know in the dedicated thread below "Liferay 7.3 Feedback." Thanks!

Message Boards

Theravada meditation teacher works with Direct Pointing

thumbnail
Elena Joy, modified 9 Years ago.

Theravada meditation teacher works with Direct Pointing

S. to me: I have been practicing meditation
consistently for over fifteen years and have been teaching meditation
and Buddhist principles for seven of those. I am an ordained Buddhist
minister,
but shy away from the ritualistic practices of the Buddhism.
I teach three or four times per week to help people find a solution to
ease their troubles, I have literally gone through hundreds and hundreds
of meditation students. I have written several books an the subject, and
lead by example by practicing sitting meditation a lot! but! No one, to
my knowledge, is waking up! there is no permanent liberation to be
found. No body, including myself, is getting truly free.

Ordained Buddhist Minister: I see it as the opportunity of lifetimes
thumbnail
Che Guebuddha, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Ordained Buddhist minister works with Direct Pointing

Elena thanks for posting.

I was looking into this Dirrect Pointing but couldnt understand it. I was even over at Ruthless Truth and just cant understand how being rude to one another can lead to liberation. I too am rude so not that I mind but how can one l talk my self into liberation?
Are you saying that insight meditation isnt necessery? Just look into the No-sel and thats it. Right?

If you dont mind please elaborate a bit on this so I can understand it emoticon Thank you.

Che
thumbnail
Elena Joy, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Ordained Buddhist minister works with Direct Pointing

Che, what you call rude is actually direct. Are zen master rude when he sends confused student back to 14 hours a day sitting and looking and don't explain a thing? Is he rude when he slaps him with the stick on the back in a really dark zendo at night? What do you think is going in the mind of the master when he gives his student un-solvable koan that makes his student go nuts for months? Ponder on it, and come back to chat, ok?

Announcements