Jake Franfurt Fire kasina log

Jake Frankfurt Middenhall, modified 3 Months ago.

RE: Jake Franfurt Fire kasina log

I started meditating three years ago, my first AP was a couple of days after starting doing fire kasina practice, i had a vivid lucid dream of a rotten old lady looking me directly thru the mirror, i stared at her burning eyes, then i had a energetic rush thru all my body. The next years were followed by a very bad dark night, I quit practicing for 6 months more or less, so a bad practice ( o no practice at all) did make things worse. Right now i am in re-obervation i thing, judging by the weird earworms and very complex second screen patterns.
Jan Pavuk, modified 3 Months ago.

Good work Jake...just keep observing 3 characteristics  of these "special" experiences as of they were any other experiences. 

Doing anything else with them would just prolong The Suffering.

Thanks for your input bro.

Today i did 4 hours of fire kasina. Lots of energy-kundalini, lot of aversion to the experience at the beginning of the session, that eventually faded away, getting more and more details in the murk, which is a good thing. Planning to up the dose, right now i am finals in my college so im only doing around 3-4 hours a day, but i will be doing 6-8 hours a day once im free. Im really tired of the dark night and i want to get out of this as soon as possible.
thumbnail
Kaloyan Stefanov, modified 3 Months ago.

Hi Jake, I hope you don't mind me popping in here. You mentioned you are tired of the DN and cannot wait to get out. Keep praticing and keep attending to the 3Cs,as above, that is always sound advice.

One small thing to add maybe would be to soften up a bit on trying to get out of the DN, as in my experience that attitude tends to make DNs more painful. It seems DNs are here to teach us many valuable lessons, one of the key ones being to open up to any kind of sensations, even if they are pretty rough and shitty...the more we stuggle to get out, the bigger the clawmarks emoticon

An attitude of openness to fear, disgust, pain, irritation, anger, dullness, whatever else comes up is something good to cultivate, as, if you are progressing well, you will be having a lot more DNs, and some of these might end up being a bit more rough than others.

I understand, thank you for your advice.

Did 5 hours of fire kasina today.
Spend most of the time in the black and gray, altho it keeps getting wider and deeper, good thing i guess.
I also had glimpses of this white fluid material which Daniel calls "The Molten Gold".
My mood is way better since i up the doses, benefits of concentration.

Finally, i finished my semester in law school, so from today i will start with my "hardcore" practice of 6-8 hours a day for at least 2 months, i don´t reject the idea of going even harder, but for now, this is all i can do.

May i attain stream entry for the benefit of all sentient beings.
Jake Frankfurt Middenhall, modified 2 Days ago.

I think i already got up to equanimity but fell again, right now im doing 4 hour of noting plus 1 hour of fire kasina. 
Planning to go to a 10 day goenka retreat in october, i will be doing only mahasi noting. The reason for this is because i have faith in the technique, and i think that i have a fair chance to land stream entry there.

Breadcrumb