A 'letting go'-approach that worked for me

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 12 Years ago at 10/26/11 11:02 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 10/26/11 10:11 PM

A 'letting go'-approach that worked for me

I'm breaking my read-and-post halt to share a little something. I wish I could find it in me to read through all the seemingly interesting new discussions, but my obsessive personality is best kept in check.

This worked for me:

If I met you in person, the best way to communicate this would be by silence. I understand that now.

Let go.

What does that mean?

Renounce the world; care about nothing. Communication is never complete, it is insufficient. Every human is an island for himself. No one will ever know you - one cannot communicate at that level. Therefor it is always futile. You are the only one who can know you, and that is only what you have to do. Stop trying, whatever you are trying. It is utterly futile. Let go.

Here you will find.

Practical advice: sit and renounce everything. One thing at a time. What is left is your awareness. Rest in the bright luminous awareness - that is the highway to surrender. The surrender will deepen, and you will find.

---

I was never into this unmapped/stageless approach. I just follow my intuition and it takes me through the nanas, the jhanas and pops fruitions. Maybe try to trust yourself more - that worked for me.

Ralph Waldo Emerson:
As to the methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.
thumbnail
Brian Eleven, modified 12 Years ago at 10/27/11 11:49 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 10/27/11 11:49 AM

RE: A 'letting go'-approach that worked for me

Thanks for this post!
Letting go is something I need to work on. (Yeah, I know, I know).

Brian

Breadcrumb