Emptiness, Boddhichitta, and Renunciation

thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 1/21/12 6:27 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/21/12 6:25 AM

Emptiness, Boddhichitta, and Renunciation

This is a thread to discuss the practical implications of recognising emptiness, cultivating bodhicitta and renunciation. In particular I am interested in Aman's experience of such practices. Aman, how have you practiced? I'm particularly interested in your practice of vajrayana visualizations.

:-)
Nick
Change A, modified 12 Years ago at 1/21/12 6:45 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/21/12 6:45 AM

RE: Emptiness, Boddhichitta, and Renunciation

Nikolai .:
This is a thread to discuss the practical implications of recognising emptiness, cultivating bodhicitta and renunciation. In particular I am interested in Aman's experience of such practices. Aman, how have you practiced? I'm particularly interested in your practice of vajrayana visualizations.

Nick

Emptiness, bodhicitta and renunciation are pre-requisites for the advanced practices of Vajrayana and deity visualization is one of them.

I would not spell out here as to how I practiced because it can be harmful for some. In the other thread, I said that I can let 'you' know about the practice, not everybody.

The practical implications of the practice have been a sharp decrease in daydreaming and a lot more flexibility in the body. In other words, lot of reduction in suffering. This is not just my observation. A friend has also told me that I look relaxed and sharp. This practice works in the marketplace as well.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 5:46 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 5:32 AM

Aman A.:
Nikolai .:

Nick

Emptiness, bodhicitta and renunciation are pre-requisites for the advanced practices of Vajrayana and deity visualization is one of them.

I would not spell out here as to how I practiced because it can be harmful for some. In the other thread, I said that I can let 'you' know about the practice, not everybody.

The practical implications of the practice have been a sharp decrease in daydreaming and a lot more flexibility in the body. In other words, lot of reduction in suffering. This is not just my observation. A friend has also told me that I look relaxed and sharp. This practice works in the marketplace as well.

Hi Aman,

Can you elaborate on how you cultivate bodhicitta?

Are you familiar with:

A Guide To The Bodhisattva Way Of Life, Eight Verses For Training The Mind and 37 Practices Of A Bodhisattva?

Nick
Change A, modified 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 5:56 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 5:51 AM

Nikolai .:

Can you elaborate on how you cultivate bodhicitta? Are you familiar with Santideva's 'A Guide To The Bodhisattva Way Of Life'?

I used to practice tonglen. You can find out about it here: http://www.shambhala.org/teachers/pema/tonglen1.php

I did read Shantideva's A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way Of Life.

I'm not familiar with Eight Verses For Training The Mind and 37 Practices Of A Bodhisattva.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 5:57 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 5:56 AM

Aman A.:
Nikolai .:

Can you elaborate on how you cultivate bodhicitta? Are you familiar with Santideva's 'A Guide To The Bodhisattva Way Of Life'?

I used to practice tonglen. You can find out about it here: http://www.shambhala.org/teachers/pema/tonglen1.php

I did read Shantideva's A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way Of Life.

I see. So you 'used' to practice tonglen and not anymore? Do you still practice it or something similar? Does it inform your current practice these days? Or have you set the cultivation of bodhicitta aside?
Change A, modified 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 6:06 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/23/12 6:06 AM

Nikolai .:
I see. So you 'used' to practice tonglen and not anymore? Do you still practice it or something similar? Does it inform your current practice these days? Or have you set the cultivation of bodhicitta aside?

I don't practice anything to cultivate boddhicitta these days.

Breadcrumb