Beyond experiencing...

Adam , modified 11 Years ago at 9/24/12 6:58 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/24/12 3:13 PM

Beyond experiencing...

Hi, so I have been looking into Bentinho Massaro against the advice of some :p... He talks about being "beyond experiencing" and how he has gotten past this stage where he was seeing everything as just awareness and seeing that even experiences are a sort of illusion which he is 'past.' He talks about consciousness as a bubble floating in an infinite non-experience.

Here is some things he said - from this 2 hour meeting vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwU5bS-BLcg:
"...every emphasis[1] on how experience looks and feels completely disappears when we don't engage in that seeing"

"... that's the only effortless, that's the only timeless, when there is no 'awareness' of anything, and then awareness of everything can be there again but without indulging it"

"I didn't even notice I was experiencing until he reminded me of it"

"that's the heaviest burden, the burden of having to be"

"you are beyond consciousness"

"so after a while of breaking your own [attentional] focus on experiences, as if they are real and solid and appearing to you, you break it consistently by the mantra 'I am beyond this'"

He explains the metaphor of a dog, you pull his leash whenever he tries to go after balls again and again (dropping focus) and then eventually the dog knows he is totally beyond all of these balls/experiences.

Talked a lot about fear of abandoning the ones you love, attending your own funeral, exhaustion...

sometimes I seem very cold but it is to motivate exhaustion in you because I truly do love you (paraphrased)

if you recognize that you are "not this, not that" then you eventually see that you are everything, which allows "being everything" to be optional, and only then can you truly embrace everything because it isn't mandatory (paraphrased)

I see tons of parallels with pali canon stuff and with some stuff AF people have said, I would like to hear how this stuff goes with experiences... I can understand it in an intuitive way.. sort of. I've often had this thing he talks about where you just grow tired of something and totally just "not go there" ever again.

I also see possible parallels with 4th path and perhaps the closest parallels are with stuff Shinzen Young says... "the source" and the way to the source being all about 'dropping the intention to control attention'

[1] also described as 'focus'

here is another video that has alot more to do with getting rid of beliefs and "causeless joy" and extremely AF sounding stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U327