Is 90 mins/day enough for SE?

mind less, modified 11 Years ago at 1/6/13 1:05 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/6/13 1:05 PM

Is 90 mins/day enough for SE?

I can now clearly experience formations in EQ where the senses (feel/image/talk) have more or less fused into a vibratory experience at about 10-15 Hz. Last retreat (10 days) was in July 2012 where I hit DN, discontinued practise for a month, and then worked my way up off-retreat to stable EQ about six weeks ago. It feels like I'm still progressing, but slowly. I'm sitting 90 mins once a day... is that enough for stream entry?
Jason , modified 11 Years ago at 1/6/13 1:56 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/6/13 1:56 PM

RE: Is 90 mins/day enough for SE?

Morgan Gunnarsson:
I can now clearly experience formations in EQ where the senses (feel/image/talk) have more or less fused into a vibratory experience at about 10-15 Hz. Last retreat (10 days) was in July 2012 where I hit DN, discontinued practise for a month, and then worked my way up off-retreat to stable EQ about six weeks ago. It feels like I'm still progressing, but slowly. I'm sitting 90 mins once a day... is that enough for stream entry?

I think it's safe to say at this stage more is better. Both of the first two paths came for me in the 9th hour of one-day home retreats.

I'm anticipating your imminent success with delight. emoticon
thumbnail
Steph S, modified 11 Years ago at 1/6/13 2:39 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/6/13 2:34 PM

Depends upon the quality of those 90 minutes. In that 90 minutes do you find that towards the end the momentum, clarity, and mindfulness are still really good - or is it a struggle to keep going by that point? If it's a struggle, I'd say you might be forcing it to extend the sit, and so it might not be all that beneficial to increase the time. But if you find the quality of the session is still good at 90 minutes, then yeah sure, increase the time. (for clarification: when I talk about quality here, I'm more talking about the ability to just stay with it and keep it going, rather than the "types" of sensations or how good you're feeling... even if you have odd/unpleasant/out of phaseness coming up and you can still perceive that, then it's cool)
mind less, modified 11 Years ago at 1/12/13 12:37 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/12/13 12:37 PM

Some Guy:
I think it's safe to say at this stage more is better. Both of the first two paths came for me in the 9th hour of one-day home retreats.

Steph S:
Depends upon the quality of those 90 minutes. In that 90 minutes do you find that towards the end the momentum, clarity, and mindfulness are still really good - or is it a struggle to keep going by that point? If it's a struggle, I'd say you might be forcing it to extend the sit, and so it might not be all that beneficial to increase the time. But if you find the quality of the session is still good at 90 minutes, then yeah sure, increase the time.

Thanks for the advice. I have now increased the meditation time to two hours a day (one sit). As long as I have slept properly and had some coffee, I can easiliy sit for two hours and have actually peek focus at the end of the sit, so 2.5 or 3 hours would be possible if my schedule allowed for it, which it doesn't currently. I can always try to increase the quality of the sit. I'll see what happens...
thumbnail
Shashank Dixit, modified 11 Years ago at 1/13/13 10:17 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/13/13 10:16 AM

I've found that a general momentum throughout the day even with small lapses is far better than
2-3 hours of "hard" sits with longer lapses throughout the day..in short , continuity throughout the
day is key.

Breadcrumb