swami nityananda

This Good Self, modified 14 Years ago at 4/13/10 6:14 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 4/13/10 6:10 AM

swami nityananda

Anyone heard of him?

I received an invitation today to an informal satsang and guru gita recitation. I have done a bit of internet searching and found stuff about sex scandals, so I don't want to end up with him asking me for a massage... if you catch my drift.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 14 Years ago at 4/16/10 2:34 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 4/16/10 2:34 AM

RE: swami nityananda

Yep, lots of gurus have sex, alright. Whether or not this is properly a scandal or just reality is a complex question, and it doesn't necessarily imply that the dude may have no wisdom to offer, which is another axis of things, really, and on that front, I know nothing of his attainments, but why not see for yourself and just don't get involved in anything that, as a consenting adult, you wouldn't want to be involved with.
This Good Self, modified 14 Years ago at 4/18/10 12:23 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 4/18/10 12:23 AM

RE: swami nityananda

Yeh, I'm definitely going....and with an open mind. It seems that in India some people have some very rigid beliefs about sex and sexuality so the media are probably holding him up to some unrealistic ideals. Reminds me that in Indian Bollywood films, sex scenes are taboo. I think probably just a beat up, from what I can tell. I'm sure he'll have something to offer.

Breadcrumb