Do all dark nights end with stream entry?

thumbnail
Jake, modified 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 7:37 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 7:37 AM

Do all dark nights end with stream entry?

I was reading this paper written by Jeannie Zandi here, and it seems like she made it to low/high equanimity after her 4 year episode? She doesn't get into anything relating to stream entry, which makes sense because that it more of a hardcore dharma phrase. But I was curious because she seems to be fine now without attaining stream entry.

I love the article she wrote, I read it every so often to put things in perspective for me. She talks largely about framing the dn in a spiritual context, but would she not warn her clients about the following stages?

I guess I am realizing that the hardcore dharma movement is a small thing and no one really knows about it? I only stumbled upon this website and the mctb after a tremendous amount of searching for dn symptoms and what not.
thumbnail
Richard Zen, modified 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 7:43 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 7:43 AM

RE: Do all dark nights end with stream entry?

I would look carefully at Daniel's Nana videos:

Nana videos
thumbnail
Jake, modified 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 10:42 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 10:42 AM

RE: Do all dark nights end with stream entry?

Thanks Richard. Watching the first one now, very informative. Plan on taking notes on my second run through and get each stage kind of mapped out on paper to try and place myself on the map based on how I feel. Might give me some more clarity as I cycle through these stages because every few days (depending on diet, exercise, practice, school, life, etc.) I feel different.

Would you say this is a good or bad idea? On one hand I would know where I am at (does this matter?), and on the other I might get mentally attached to certain stages. With mindfulness I this can be spotted and avoided.

Also just a personal note for myself, I am realizing how little I know about any of this. I have no idea whats going on! And that is strangely liberating. I think emoticon

Breadcrumb