How has your freedom held up over the years?

thumbnail
Not Tao, modified 9 Years ago at 4/25/14 5:24 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/25/14 5:23 PM

How has your freedom held up over the years?

Hello,

I've been practicing something very similar to AF for a while and I'm just wondering how the fruition has held up for people over the years? Those of you who have been "actually free" for a while, has it lasted? Does it take any maintenance? I've been fascinated to read all the success stories, since I've been playing with PCEs for years. I've always called myself a "Sensualist" haha. I'm ramping up practice to see if I can figure this out once and for all, so I'm just curious what I'm getting into. :3
Felipe C, modified 9 Years ago at 4/26/14 12:53 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/26/14 12:49 AM

RE: How has your freedom held up over the years?

Hi, Not Tao,

I'm not actually free myself but I've been practicing actualism for about 3 years now. All I can say is that there is indeed some kind of baseline which one keeps changing over the years, one keeps raising the bar, and there are parts of your self that are no more after some realizations and then actualizations. It's been a fun ride and it has delivered incredible and apparently permanent results.

In reference to your original question, there are no actually free persons hanging in this forum in particular. Those who claimed AF, relinquished it later, so you may ask in the actualist forum at Yahoo, where Richard responds from time to time, or you can read his and other's testimonies at the AFT website. But basically, they haven't changed their claims or written about changes in their perceptions, they keep saying that actually is impossible to go back as their selves are extinct {Richard has been AF since 1992}, which also implies that it's completely effortless, as there is no self whatsoever to be vigilant about. Further, there are people who have met them in Australia at different times and they have reported basically the same.about them.

Lastly, if you want to give actualism a sincere try, I recommend that you do it following the instructions from the AFT website exclusively and not the ones posted in the DhO.

Cheers,
Felipe
thumbnail
Not Tao, modified 9 Years ago at 4/26/14 7:32 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/26/14 7:31 PM

RE: How has your freedom held up over the years?

I was actually interested to see if anyone had claimed it outside of the AFT, since, to be perfectly honest, it just seems very culty and self-aggrandizing on their site. I've read a lot of Tarin's posts, but it looks like he's not posting around here anymore? I saw the post where he withdrew his claim, but it seemed more like he was saying "well, nothing has changed fro me, but I'm not interested in being part of these politics anymore," which makes sense.

Anyway, I'm mainly interested in Actualism because it mostly lines up with the practice I'm already doing, and seems to have delivered the results I suspected it would for other people. After 3 years how would you describe your day-to-day experience? What's your practice look like?

Breadcrumb