World Peace through Super Radiance

thumbnail
Daniel Johnson, modified 9 Years ago at 8/3/14 10:42 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/3/14 10:42 AM

World Peace through Super Radiance

With everyone talking about the middle east these days, I was thinking about world peace and came across a website claiming that research has shown the effect of "Super Radiance" from groups of meditators on bringing about peace in areas of conflict. The site lists 28 peer reviewed articles. I'm very interested to look at it more when I have some time, but I thought I would ask if anyone here was familiar with this research because I had never heard of it before. To me, it sounds very hoaky and airy-fairy, but I'm open to learning more about it.

http://www.worldpeacegroup.org/published_peace_research.html

http://www.worldpeacegroup.org/hres/World%20peace%20through%20meditation%2018513.pdf
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 9 Years ago at 8/3/14 10:11 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/3/14 10:11 PM

RE: World Peace through Super Radiance

Hi,
I remember reading about TM and a study to reduce crime www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/

ftw, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 6:50 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 6:50 AM

Jeff Grove:
Hi,
I remember reading about TM and a study to reduce crime www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/

istpp will publish just about anything.

Search for "maharishi effect + sceptic/debunked"

mainly, you come up with TM and their unproven claims
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 5:15 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 5:08 PM

thank god for that imagine hoards of TM mediators mind controlling us worst then the reptilians
anyway daniel asked a question heres something else i read on the internet and it mixes science with the Academy Awards
http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_10_1_radin.pdf
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 5:46 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 5:46 PM

Hi, Jeff, what is your intention here?  Did you have a bad experience?
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 10:00 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 9:20 PM

Hi Colleen,
No bad experience just a poor attempt at humour to the quick debunking of my previous post, I don't know anything about the website I posted it was just something I read and repleyed. I think it would be an interesting and worthwhile affect to investigate. From what I have read there have been many studies done showing a correlation of statistical significance. My own experience tells me there is no seperation/difference between counsciousness and reality or the counscious affect on reality
I definetly believe in the wish fulfilling jewel
cheers
jeff
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 9:44 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 9:44 PM

Hello Jeff, thank you for explaining.   My playful tone is sometimes not grokked without liberal use of emoticons and I was having a moment of seriousness, forgive me (smile).  

Colleen
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 5:43 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 5:40 PM

Hello, Jeff,

I just finished reading a study that claims to have reduced crime by 23% in Washington DC and it was dependent upon the numbers of meditators.

The only way I could see this working is that as they focused in on Washington DC, their minds would kick in incidents and attitudes that they would then null through meditation techniques and thus remove their "cause".    Sometimes when an event seems out of my realm and I feel the effect of it I ask and meditate upon "how did I cause this?" which takes me back lifetimes and sometimes I see I'm still holding it there in some realm or fashion.

So, I'm not sure if one can radiate peace until one has handled their own mind on its opposers to peace, especially the ones that get stirred up as one focuses on a particular area and how the mind associates or identifies with aspects of that area.  For example if I were focusing my meditation on peace in the Nation's Capital then I'm certain my mind would bring up past incidents of murder, etc., including my own murderous acts.  Once that were resolved, I could "radiate" without interference from my mind.   I could then turn myself to "being the other" and then changing my mind (as the "other")..  "Self" forgiveness and reform and all that.

For example, I've experienced some rather intense illuminati lifetimes and finally I was able to be them once again and this time change my mind -- re-script towards more complementary intentions while being them and of their mind.   It was a slow, methodical re-turning for both sides.  This seems the best way to "best an enemy" so to speak.   My enemy, myself.  

Apparently though there is a chaotic mess of exopolitics/economics and we are a planetary football.  I'm afraid to ask "what is my cause?".  If your attention is on peace rest assured you were once a hell raiser and someone convinced you of your "wrongness", haha.   Okay, play with it until you don't need to anymore.  It's your evolution too.   Many of the consciousness systems are loops: The "creator" or "troublemaker" (same thing) is likewise being created.
Tom Tom, modified 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 4:40 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/4/14 4:40 AM

Here are some more disturbing situations to radiate compassion upon: http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists/the-rise-of-extremist-buddhism-in-sri-lanka-1.1296769

Breadcrumb