All in with Shinzen

Curt Welling, modified 7 Years ago at 1/24/17 6:32 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/24/17 6:32 AM

All in with Shinzen

After dabbling with buddhism in the 80s I went on with my life, was unaware that I could actually make any sort of progress.  The NYTimes article in 2012 or so got me in touch with the MCTB and this website and the possibility of actually doing something.

Daniel's enthusiastic review of Shinzen's book last year really helped me.  I got the Science of Enlightenment book when it first came out. It really resonated with me.  I thought about my intermittent, ineffective half baked practice for the last 4 years.  I do not have the time for any sort of long retreats due to my family commitments.  I have thought about getting a teacher but have never done so.

Finally I realized that Shinzens Home Practice Program would be great for me.  I signed on, have yet to do a full weekend but this next one coming up I will be able to do the whole thing. 

I signed up for his Unified Mindfulness Support Group which is basically a closed facebook group, you pay a very modest fee to join.  So far the instruction on there has been spectacular. I'm averaging one hour of practice per day. 

I'm going all in with Shinzen. 
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 7 Years ago at 1/24/17 8:29 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/24/17 8:29 AM

RE: All in with Shinzen

Sounds like fun.  Please also consider that every waking moment in life is an opportunity for off cushion practice.  "Don't take the pot off the stove."
thumbnail
Stirling Campbell, modified 7 Years ago at 1/24/17 10:11 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 1/24/17 10:10 AM

RE: All in with Shinzen

Noah D:
Sounds like fun.  Please also consider that every waking moment in life is an opportunity for off cushion practice.  "Don't take the pot off the stove."

Word.

I agree wholeheartedly that Shinzen's book is amazing, and full of help and insight for all levels.