no personal consciousness

david snowdon, modified 6 Years ago at 9/21/17 9:33 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/21/17 9:33 PM

no personal consciousness

if there is only the body/mind as a modulation of a universal consciousness then there is no I to speak of, the I cant refer to an awarewness as a unit of 'me' it is outside,impersonal. The body/mind is merely being used as a TV for the universal consciousness to observe itself, one observer viewing billions of screens, when one dies it is thrown away and replaced,we play no part in this film,we don't even exist as such. Perhaps I have misdunderstood something, if 'I' am this shared universal consciousness then it is not I but we. 
thumbnail
DeNada, modified 6 Years ago at 9/25/17 8:14 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 9/25/17 8:14 AM

RE: no personal consciousness

david snowdon:
if there is only the body/mind as a modulation of a universal consciousness then there is no I to speak of, the I cant refer to an awarewness as a unit of 'me' it is outside,impersonal. The body/mind is merely being used as a TV for the universal consciousness to observe itself, one observer viewing billions of screens, when one dies it is thrown away and replaced,we play no part in this film,we don't even exist as such. Perhaps I have misdunderstood something, if 'I' am this shared universal consciousness then it is not I but we. 

The misunderstanding arises because you're conflating the absolute with the relative (non-duality with duality).

It should be obvious that there cannot be an absolute relative description of the unio mystica (i.e. a relative description of the absolute). Perhaps that's now obvious from the way that I've stated that point?

Having said that, poetry and music might come quite close.