having no stale view

, modified 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 11:03 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 11:03 AM

having no stale view

Cessation of being (pure consciousness experience of actual freedom, actual freedom, dharmic cessation as mentioned in Majjhima Nikaya Sutta 22 or as generally expressed in zen parables) has no staleness.

There is "each moment"'s freshness, no center applying its stale view.

There is fresh aptness for "each moment". This may be said to be curiosity, naivety, wonder.

Having no stale view, no fixed center, is limber and is freedom from causality.

This is freedom from (not ignorance of) causality: causality understands origins. A centering/self sticks to origins versus freshly solvating into the moment and its opportunities. This stickiness can be a second, a mere twang.

Though, there are many activities that require knowledge and repetition of practices in order to achieve degrees of competence. for example, I prefer a surgeon who can repeat what they have many times practiced. That said, after many many like-surguries, such person is likely to bring in a masterful freshness (i.e., charlie wilson).
, modified 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 5:24 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 5:23 PM

RE: having no stale view

Siddhartha concluded no self, yet asserted himself to take the gift of cow's milk and actively sustain his own life (versus actively permit his own starvation).

The actual freedom and dharma discussed on this site focuses on practice and ultimately the cessation of self: AF - extirpation of any self or being whatsoever; dharma - cessation of coming into being.

What is this act of self-assertion (i.e., drinking the offered milk) after the realization of no contiguous being or identifiable self? As Adam. asked in March, why not just die? Gotama taking the gift of milk is an apt, affectless action born of the simple, unavoidable choice at that moment to live or die.

Further still, Gotama, after realizing no self, after accepting the gift of milk, chooses to continue his own sustenance and lives a long life based on this ongoing choice to self-sustain. He, like others in history, strives to clearly, without confusion, to pass on selflessness despite the cacophony of various neediness around him.

So, what is the affectless self-sustenance of one's life after (despite) realizing and ceasing self and in the absence of a stream of such gifts? There is still a moment to moment choice about living or dying and how.

Without the nature to die affectlessly - and people do permit their own apparently affectless deaths (i.e., Thich Quang Duc) AF and dharma (and others) affirm that there are ways to live affectlessly and self-sustaining after realizing there is no fixity or self.

Living freshly in each moment (aptness in the meeting place of one's interior changing attributes (such as those related to aging) and of the exterior changing conditions (i.e., such as those related to weathers, harvests, population)), living only in each fresh moment, is like accepting the milk gift again and again - a choice at "each moment".

Some lives have many choices at this moment, some have only the choice at this moment of perceiving their death, some lives at this moment are perceiving physical and/or mental misery from which an exit would be welcome if not available or accessible.

There are fewer human psychopaths than not bent on destructions (else human population and its ingenuities would not be abundant), so human aptness is often evidenced in altruistic behaviours (i.e., caring) as much as its mass psycopathies (selectively altruistic, such as genocide), and, evidenced neutrally in wonder and creativity.

The AF and dharma practices (even practices of divine faith) reveal in order to undo that which is fabricated - be it to undo "lighter fabrics" of a contiguous, but separated entity (dispassionate being also called "being", "watcher", "observer", "awareness", "no-self", "investigation of itself") and/or "heavier fabrics" like identity (i.e., [name], hero, failure, bipolar, beautiful, leggy, squat, etc ).

Practitioners make the decision in any practice moment that the fabric of self-centering (including dispassionate being) is ultimately contributing to a dissatisfaction, an imperfection, a fault, a falsity or something at least to abandon. This is similar to divine faith: that a self should cease and make way for providence.

Like a marathon, getting to cessation or freedom is a silly ultimatum, the practice/ongoing is everything. There is only ongoing freedom in ongoing freely. There is no declaration of freedom or cessation or anything that is not extinct at the exact moment the declaration ceases. "Af/dharma ist tot." ; )

No script, no following another's words or actions. When I travel towards the sunset to get to Mongolia, a Frenchman travels towards the rising sun to get to Mongolia. He and I must be very aware about ourselves and the earth if we advise each other of the path to Mongolia.

- lady blah blah
, modified 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 5:43 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 5:43 PM

Got self? Got no-self?
helps be apt, too
, modified 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 5:48 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 5:48 PM

no helps?
lovely too
This Good Self, modified 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 8:01 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 7:42 PM

I like that Mongolia reference very much. Being an effective teacher is summed up right there in that one paragraph. I'm going to use that if you don't mind.

Every teacher I've ever come across suffers from the Mongolia syndrome. Makes CCC furious.

Aside from that, don't you think 'It' chose Gotama to drink the milk rather than Gotama choosing to drink the milk?
, modified 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 10:16 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/10/11 10:16 PM

Makes CCC furious.
Spoken like a real Yoda-Elmo. I appreciate that.

Aside from that, don't you think 'It' chose Gotama to drink the milk rather than Gotama choosing to drink the milk?
I don't see anything choosing Gotama to drink the milk, (though I can't say what is the entirety of reality (and such thinking of possiblities (versus apparent actualities) causes ingenuities like wells for drinking water and irrigation, detection of water on Mars, etc).

What had occurred to me, before reading your "it", is that an emaciated man well-versed in aestheticism stopped asserting aestheticism to see plainly that a child was offering a gift of milk to a starving man, that life could be so simple, so without excess, without fabrication. Simplicity and care.

Did you enjoy the kinetic sculptures? He shows an original tranche of the actuality of creative possibilities.
This Good Self, modified 12 Years ago at 8/11/11 5:19 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/11/11 5:19 AM

Yes not bad. Reminded me of 'big dog' robot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNZPRsrwumQ

Now katy, I want you to promise that your next post includes no parentheses.

Elmo.
, modified 12 Years ago at 8/12/11 4:37 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/12/11 4:37 AM

excellent robotics

good luck with your practice(s)

Breadcrumb