Missing posts problem - explanation

thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 7:19 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 7:19 AM

Missing posts problem - explanation

Hi! 

I talked to the tech guy Simon about the reoccurring issue with posts disappearing in the process of posting them. Apparently the problem is due to lack of space on the server disc, which shouldn't happen because it's huge. Sometimes it fills up with some junk (?). It has now been cleaned up (again) and a new warning system is put to use. However, I will continue to copy my posts before publishing them, just in case, and my advice would be for others to do the same, especially if you have put a lot of work into the post. 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:07 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:07 AM

RE: Missing posts problem - explanation

Probably it's a configuration issue, not the disk space itself. If there isn't a malware on the system, there shouldn't be that much junk or log or temp data to fill up the disk.
George S, modified 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:20 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:19 AM

I've kind of grown fond of this "feature" - an active reminder of impermanence emoticon
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:32 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:31 AM

Probably it's a configuration issue, not the disk space itself. If there isn't a malware on the system, there shouldn't be that much junk or log or temp data to fill up the disk.

I always assumed, given the Liferay technology used for DhO, any explanation of technical foo provided was probably offered more as a placebo than an in-depth, accurate exploration of the true underlying cause of the problems. That's fair. Everyone paddling the DhO boat is a volunteer.
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:35 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 10:35 AM

I agree.
It's often like this, unless you put extensive time and energy to debug and understand the problem, which needs lots of patience, time and other resources. Probably that could never be possible for DhO.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 4:43 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/16/21 4:43 PM

Siavash:
I don't know. Just forwarding the explanation I got.

Breadcrumb