High quality conversations

Emil Jensen, modified 2 Years ago at 7/20/21 4:15 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/20/21 4:15 AM

High quality conversations

Hello fellow crazy people. (Meant in a good way emoticon )

I haven't been on here for a while. To be honest I lost the motivation a little bit as writing does take a lot of time and effort and I'm not exactly sure what value I always gain from trying to help others, or get helped. I'm quite busy and focused on seeing the value in things I do. So hence, I've been away.

I'm back now. But only to make a proposal...

I know noone in "real life" who practices dharma. And not to polish my own armour here, but I am also the only one I know with this level of insight (on path 3 now), and sooo rarely do I get the pleasure of discussing the mind/dhamma with someone who's also deep in this stuff. It happens with my teacher whom I have decided to take a small break from talking to because I feel like laying back on the intensity a little bit. (Oh, and my account is in the negative too lol).

I would looove to have at least semi-regular conversations with someone on my own "level" or higher, if that makes any sense.

So to keep it short, let me ask:

Do you also miss high-quality face-to-face conversations that pertain to dhamma?

Are you interested in meeting on skype/zoom over a cup of dhamma-coffee on a Sunday in the near future to see if some good dhamma-conversations spring out of it?

Let me know and we'll figure it out. Zero strings attached emoticon

Luvluvluvluv! 
Edward, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:37 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:37 AM

RE: High quality conversations

Any of Abre's students on here not now having financial problems?
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:56 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:56 AM

Hi Dhamma Badass Emil emoticon 

I would love to help you out as we are only 50 minutes drive from each other, but I'm not on your "level" of insigh I'm afraid emoticon emoticon 

Enjoy the summer mate! 
Im off to help a local farmer weed his field today. Open sunny sky here I come!!! emoticon 

Best wishes Emil! 
thumbnail
Kaloyan Stefanov, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 3:31 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 3:31 AM

Hi Emil, I personally found talking to people about these things f2f has been key for me. I am lucky that I have 4 close people that I can talk to regularly. Lots of the covnersations I have with these people would fall into that "high quality dharma" bucket emoticon

I would love to chat to you and see whether it is beneficial. In terms of attainments, I would be at a higher level of attainment.

Weekends tend to be a bit busier for me than weekdays, as I have 2 small kids, but I am sure we can find something that works for both. Drop me a message if you feel like it.
thumbnail
Sigma Tropic, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 11:47 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 11:47 AM

Edward
Any of Abre's students on here not now having financial problems?

This is disturbing to say the least. 
Emil Jensen, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:31 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:31 PM

Edward, that is indeed disturbing to say the very least. And I must be honest that seeing just one comment like that on such an awesome site as this, takes more than 10 fantastic posts for me to feel good about being in here. So know that.
Haha, and perhaps I can suitingly share my own dhamma approach to commenting which you may use all you want in the future.

--> I see a comment. I observe resentment, pity and an urge to defend myself arise. Oh..there it passes again. Done.

But now on to the good stuff! emoticon

Dusko, what you say that we grab a coffee in real life sometimes. A café perhaps... or a really disgusting bodega somewhere, to ressemble the bar of last resort? haha
Do you do Sundays?

Kaloyan, thanks for your message. I am glad to hear you see the value in this stuff as well. Let's try it out for sure!
Do we do emails? Feel free to write to me on e.stillhoff@gmail.com. I can make time during a weekday sometime.

About the levels of attainment. I would like to take that back. I don't need to speak to people who have "higher" levels of attainment. I think dhamma/life/existence type convos are good no matter what and I lack them of any kind in my life.
I suppose I do sometimes yearn for someone who understands A LOT...
And trying to talk about Not-Self to someone who hasn't got the insight isn't really possible. And much less using knowledge of e.g. Not-Self as a foundation for conversation. I miss it.
That being said...I think the best part of a good conversation is enthusiasm emoticon

Bests to you all. Especially to you, Edward, then you can pass some good stuff on the next time around
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:37 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:37 PM

I'm on my way to third with occasional very strong glimpses ahead. Would that suffice? At least we are in the same time zone. 
Emil Jensen, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:41 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:38 PM

Linda, I'm a fan of yours! I would love to talk to you <3 emoticon

Feel free also to contact me on my mail: e.stillhoff@gmail.com.
Let's set it up whenever is good
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:44 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:44 PM

Awesome! And here I thought I might not be good enough. 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:01 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:01 PM

"Do you do Sundays?"

Ask my kids emoticon 
thumbnail
Sigma Tropic, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:59 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 1:59 PM

I am willing to chat with you Emil. And I am as free as a bird, in the logistical, scheduling, and dharmic sense, so we've got all the bases covered. I can shoot you an email at the email you provided (confidentiality with regard to my name please). 
Emil Jensen, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 2:06 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 2:06 PM

Linda! I guess I might have come off as arrogant in saying "I only wish to speak to angels, demons and arahats!"  But I really do take it back all the way. After more careful thinking, what I want is to feel your enthusiasm, your pain, your struggle, your joy and whatever else. 
I just want it to sort of step up a notch from more conventional small talk - and hence the initial "requirement" of some insight hehe. But no need for that here! What was I thinking? 

Sigma, I'll be looking forward for your email. And don't worry, if you ask me to keep something confidential I'll respect that all the way. 

Wow, I'm getting some dates here it seems. Lovely
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 2:08 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 2:08 PM

You Scandinavians (Che shakes head) What about Janteloven??? emoticon 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 4:33 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 4:33 PM

I didn't think of it as arrogance. No worries! I just thought that maybe you needed to talk about some specific experiences with others who had gone through similar terrain, and I wasn't sure if I had. 

I suck at small talk but I'm pretty good at big talk. Please remind me in my log if I don't send that email. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 4:35 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 4:34 PM

Well, I pretty much nailed it, didn't I?

(Oh no! Now I broke it! emoticon )

Breadcrumb