A. Dietrich Ringle's 3rd to 4th log

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/11/21 7:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/11/21 7:01 PM

A. Dietrich Ringle's 3rd to 4th log

So far I have had two mini cycles that have shown up that I am not equating with path. The first is equating monks and other folks who have burned themselves to death with vision testing. The second is feeling the emotions of several friends of mine who have committed suicide and remembering them with a "piercing" showing up in the various jhanas of fire kasina practice except third jhana. The normal imagry shows up, except there are specks missing from images in all the jhanas (one speck for each stage of jhana). 

From here I am tenatively going to explore body grounding practices.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/12/21 1:34 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/12/21 1:34 PM

RE: A. Dietrich Ringle's 3rd to 4th log

I got some new glasses. Pretty swell. They haven't been the savior to my practice like I thought they would be last night. It seems that my best days in terms of practice have been making a steady shift from Friday/Saturday/Sunday to Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. I suppose this could be a new subtle form of the three characteristics leading me where I don't want to go. !! emoticon
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/12/21 6:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/12/21 4:37 PM

One of my principles of support is jhana. Jhana doesn't seem to care if I eat more than another person. But should it?

Edit. Maybe if it were carrots, idk.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/14/21 7:36 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/14/21 7:36 PM

I went to get my hair cut today. After a bit I went to pay and the Vietnamese lady who I had been talking to asked me if my name was Adam. I said that's my Dad's name and then I underlined my middle name and said my name is Dietrich. For some reason I get this sense of surprise from Vietnamese people when I tell them that.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/17/21 9:40 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/17/21 9:31 PM

I am noticing a trend where it feels during the day like I am moving into new territory, only to backtrack in the evening. The jhanas just feel so nice.

​​​​​​​Edit. Everything just dissolves. Also, the new material seems to come from 2nd path.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/18/21 1:01 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/18/21 12:55 PM

I read somewhere that the angami has overcome the fear of death, and that an arhat adds overcoming the fear of birth. Well, I hit some kind of A&P event yesterday that really didn't go anywhere but there was some first jhana effort behind it so maybe it was first jhana, but I digress. I felt that sense of I without the am and there was no sense of birth, BUT IT TOOK EFFORT, so I eventually lost interest. 
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/18/21 2:14 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/18/21 1:12 PM

I guess this effort could be applied at the moment of death to reach enlightenment.

Edit. I think they call this the clear light yoga. 

Edit. I suspect that waiting around for death is not popular for the lower paths, but perhaps now that I have three out of the way I can give it a go. *Crosses fingers that he doesn't go psychotic. 

Breadcrumb