RE: Thought tranference

Rousseau Matt, modified 1 Year ago at 1/8/23 4:54 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/6/22 5:18 PM

Thought tranference

I have always been fascinated with the idea of transferring my  will to another's  mind . Ethically  of course.  Or just send feelings or energy to them. IE being I a blissfull mood and sending it to someone across the room. Basic stuff.   I believe this is possible . I believe in Jungs theory of a collective unconscious.     Has anybody  gained this skill. I heard it can happen after people are froficient up to 4th jhana. Anybody had any success?  What are the steps to attain this?
Robert L, modified 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 1:38 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 1:38 PM

I have this skill.<br />Unfortunately, if I told you its secret, I'd have to kill you.<br />I am using my will to transfer into your mind a sense of....frustration.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 1:53 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 1:53 PM

That's some really big ego talking there  emoticon
Robert L, modified 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 2:33 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 2:33 PM

You got me!! LOL
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 6:56 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/7/22 6:21 PM

Matt Jon Rousseau
I have always been fascinated with the idea of transferring my  will to another's  mind . Ethically  of course.  Or just send feelings or energy to them. IE being I a blissfull mood and sending it to someone across the room. Basic stuff.   I believe this is possible . I believe in Jungs theory of a collective unconscious.     Has anybody  gained this skill. I heard it can happen after people are froficient up to 4th jhana. Anybody had any success?  What are the steps to attain this?

I didn't press for details about the specific feelings but I have been told by people I had been practicing distant healing on that they were affected emotionally. One person told me her depression lifted, another mentioned she felt really good and wondered why (she didn't know I had been sending healing at that specific time.) These are different people from the case I mentioned in the other thread

The technique I used is described here:
https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/spiritual_healing
The page is mostly about laying-on-of-hands healing, but about half way down the page there is a paragraph that explains how to adapt the technique to distant healing, it starts: "You can send healing to those not present ... "

I haven't tried just sending love, but I think that would be the simplest way to experiment with the phenomenon you are asking about. Just think of the person and your feeling of love toward them. This is not exactly "metta" because metta is usually translated as "good will" and you are usually told not to choose a close relative or a romantic interest. What I am suggesting is to choose someone you actually have strong feeling of love for - typically a close relative or a partner in a romantic relationship. But if you want to try healing that is good too.  Usually it is considered best to have permission to give healing to someone, but they don't have to know the time you are going to do it.

If you are going to try a test with a person you have a close loving relationship with, it might be interesting to try telepathy. Look at an image and try to "send" it to them. They should know you are trying this when you do it and make a sketch of what they sense you are sending. The distance you are separated shouldn't matter, it could be the to the next room or halfway around the earth. "Mental Radio" by Upton Sinclair is a good book on this subject. It is available free on-line here: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/63693 (Project Gutenberg books are legal to download in the US).

I've been the recipient of this kind of experience, not from living beings but from spirits. I call it a "spiritual hug". I've asked others sensitives and they have reported having similar experiences. (If anyone is interested, I've discussed some of my experiences here: https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/psi_experience and here: https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/mystical_experiences)

Since you seem to be interested in the subject of psychic phenomenon you might find these pages interesting:

Nobel Prize winning and other eminent scientists who believed in paranormal phenomena because of the evidence:
https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/eminent_researchers

A summary of the evidence for the afterlife:
https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/summary_of_evidence
thumbnail
Sigma Tropic, modified 1 Year ago at 7/8/22 9:26 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/8/22 9:26 AM

Yeah, this is possible and quite normal to send and receive energy from another person. Sometimes when people are able to communicate at higher levels through nonverbal cues but any interaction at all whether text zoom or any medium can be used to communicate a certain energy. It is simply an ability you notice when you are 'aware'. Actual verbal narrative thoughts being placed in another person's head, well I've had some experiences that seem to suggest it's possible. I've had certain mentors predict details of my future that have all checked out so who knows this assumption of consensus reality that we all live in - there are no agreed upon assumptions of what is/is not possible. All our "knowledge" has built in assumptions and conditions- everything is dependent on another thing existing for it to exist. As such, the idea of "possible/not possible" only matters within a framework where some predictable set of rules always is followed. 

The forest monks directly influenced the animals of the forest with their presence and my friend Henrik had a bird land on his shoulder once while we were sitting. There is definitely a direct influence of the meditator on other beings nearby. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 7/8/22 10:46 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/8/22 10:46 AM

Lol!

At the risk of displaying my big ego again, I used to play with this a bit quite some time ago, and something definitely happened. I'm not sure it's such a good idea to dabble with it, though, so I'm more cautious nowadays. 

It was mainly energetic stuff, transferring intense rapture. I know that it worked because the effects were clearly visible, when possible also confirmed verbally afterwards. I only did it with people who appreciated it and whom I knew well. They didn't know in advance that it would happen. I have been a recipient too. At times me and someone close to me have sort of piggybacked on each other's experiences in altered states (no drugs involved) and been able to compare notes afterwards. The resemblence to our experiences were striking. I'm not sure that thought transferrence is the best word for it, but it seems to be in the ballpark of what was asked about. 
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 7/8/22 5:19 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/8/22 5:03 PM

A few months ago I was doing some circling over zoom and there was this exercise where me and another guy sat staring at each other in silence for 10 minutes. At the end of the exercise I said the first thing that came into my head, which was 'I feel like I'm holding a pack of cards in my hand'. The reason I said it was because I had googled this guy before and knew that he was running some kind of dodgy looking nondual community, so I was suggesting that I knew what his game was. The next thing that happened was ... he pulled his hands out from under the table to reveal that he was holding a pack of cards! Quite possibly a coincidence, but I would still say that you wanna be careful who you try this kind of stuff with and what your intentions are ... (and I think magick usually comes with that kind of warning)
Created 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 4:27 AM

I am trying to stop a stalker 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 6:38 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 6:13 AM

Matt Jon Rousseau
I am trying to stop a stalker 

I don't recommend trying to use thought transference to stop a stalker. Unless you are a super-psychic, the psychic impressions you transfer are probably going to be much weaker than the stalker's normal thoughts. One of the hardest things in developing psychic abilities is to distinguish psychic impressions from normal thoughts, because the normal thoughts are so much stronger they tend to drown out the impressions. That is one reason meditation is usually part of a psychic development program, it quiets the mind so weak psychic impressions are not obliterated by normal stream of consciousness.

So to stop a stalker you would have to get them to develop their psychic abilities, do meditation, practice with feedback to tell them when they are right or wrong, etc. It doesn't really fit with that type of use, unless you are really a super-psychic.

What is more likely to work is to use the law of attraction. Imagine what you want to happen. Do this a lot, like every spare minute day and night - until you get the result you want. That could be a long time, weeks or months, and still, there are no guarantees. Plus you have to be really careful to use it in a karmically harmless way. It might not be a good thing to influence someone this way when you can't see all the consequences. One time I had used this technique and someone broke a rule (without me asking her to) to help me achieve my aims. When I asked her why she did that, she got a glassy-eyed and said, "I don't know." It really freaked me out (I was a child and she was an adult). One problem is that if you get good at it, you might do it inadvertently just because you are thinking a lot about something bothering you and you can end up with bad karma (harming people) you didn't mean to incur.

(I should have mentioned this in my earlier post but psychic development should always be  part of spiritual development, always for the benefit of other people.)

I don't know the details of your situation but I would think the best thing to do is to either confront the person in a polite but firm way and try to talk to them or else contact the police, a lawyer or some authority.

​​​​​​​
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 6:41 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 6:41 AM

Be careful to not get energetically entangled with that stalker! 
Created 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 3:09 PM

I am actually praying. For him..  I feel bad about the whole situation.  He has schizoeffective disorder. 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 8:44 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/9/22 8:34 PM

Matt Jon Rousseau
I am actually praying. For him..  I feel bad about the whole situation.  He has schizoeffective disorder. 

That is probably the best "supernatural" technique to use in this situation.

You could also ask for guidance on how to handle the situation. I used to work as an engineer and when I was stumped on a problem I would ask, "please show me how to ..." and it would work like magic. The answer might come as symbolic imagery or come to you at an odd moment some time later. A good time to try is when you are very relaxed - before falling asleep or just after waking up are good times.

I won't be drawn into a debate on whether it worked by accessing the subconscious mind or through spiritual assistance, all I know is that it worked. Atheists who think it could work by accessing the subconscious mind can pray to the universe, the flying spaghetti monster, or just ask their subconscious mind. THEY are not hung up on our beliefs.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 7/10/22 1:36 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/10/22 12:52 AM

Matt Jon Rousseau

Ah. Good. That sounds safe enough. 

​​​​​​​And good advice from Jim.
A T, modified 6 Months ago at 9/27/23 11:35 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 9/27/23 11:35 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö
Lol!

It was mainly energetic stuff, transferring intense rapture. I know that it worked because the effects were clearly visible, when possible also confirmed verbally afterwards. [...]
Fascinating stuff. I read an account of Gurdjieff doing this as well, through a technique called "co-breathing". It's documented in Rom Landau's God is My Adventure (p. 188)

Is there a technique you use, or just intense concentration/visualization? 

Breadcrumb