Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand

Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 2/22/18 1:45 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Daniel - san 8/7/17 11:37 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 8/7/17 11:50 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jose Moral 8/9/17 6:12 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 8/9/17 7:54 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jose Moral 1/12/18 10:15 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 1/12/18 9:57 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Nick O 1/12/18 10:41 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Daniel M. Ingram 8/12/17 5:59 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 8/26/17 2:45 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 8/25/17 1:39 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 8/26/17 2:46 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 8/27/17 9:23 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 8/27/17 11:43 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 10/8/17 12:52 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 10/9/17 1:58 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 10/9/17 7:52 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 10/9/17 9:41 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 10/11/17 8:45 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 10/11/17 10:39 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 10/17/17 11:23 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 10/18/17 12:53 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 10/18/17 8:31 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 10/19/17 8:17 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 10/19/17 8:39 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Ho Frank 11/6/17 9:17 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 11/6/17 9:47 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Ho Frank 11/6/17 10:26 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 11/7/17 2:25 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jinxed P 1/7/18 10:35 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Yilun Ong 1/8/18 4:03 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Daniel M. Ingram 1/9/18 10:57 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Sean 1/12/18 10:24 AM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Dom Stone 7/18/18 12:50 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Jim Smith 7/18/18 2:24 PM
RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand Duncan Idaho 4/16/19 1:03 AM
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 2/22/18 1:45 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 10:59 PM

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FOR INFO:

Hi! I am a 41 year old Singaporean monk, Chinese in ethnicity. Fluent billingually and learning Thai (not really). I have been living in a temple - Wat Doi In Cee in Chiang Rai, Thailand up in the mountains of Doi Hang since June 2017.

In brief, after countless pursuits of all kinds, I found life empty of essence thus my semi-permanent choice to seek enlightenment within the monastic life. I have never been happier and would like to share my experiences and also invite like-minded individuals or groups to join us here for ordination or for retreats. There are no fees involved and donations are entirely voluntary. 

Some key information:

1. I am the only English speaker. I am most happy to discuss Dhamma and meditation but have no love for idle chatter. The people here are extremely friendly, helpful, kind and forgiving. The metta here is amazing. 
2. I can teach Samatha (1-8J) and Vipassana up to Stream Entry (all achievable within 2-3 months). 
3. There are 20+ kuti (individual-stay huts) and a few community accommodations. Do not expect luxury, only water/electricity and necessities are provided. There are many toilets so you are not expected to relieve yourself in the forest, you may do so if you wish, for whatever strange reasons.
4. Strictly no intoxicants are allowed, tobacco is tolerated.
5. There is 1 large, 1 small meditation hall for formal teaching and numerous locations for meditation. Anyone can use them as they please. There are 2 eating/coffee/relax areas with fantastic views. There is a kitchen that churns out excellent Thai food, manned by a few friendly Thai elderly ladies. Activitiy participation is voluntary. Seclusion is respected and will not be questioned or frowned upon. Common sense self-governance is expected.
6.The temple is in charge of thousands of acres of land on the mountain. I suppose that covers most of the mountain other than in the foothills where there are villagers staying or harvesting the land. The temple is conserving the forest and holds events and projects to tie in Buddhism, sustainable farming, conservation with the government, Royal Family, the locals and organizations. We are currently breeding deers for release.
7. The food here is excellent and free. We go on alms round every morning at 6am on a truck which drops off monks at various points where they take specific routes. An amazing experience where you can practice metta, look at Northern Thai life, amaze at how poor people are actually most generous and 'escape' to the real world.
8. Morning bell rings at 4am, chanting begins at 430am and ends before 530am. Evening chanting starts at 630pm and ends before 8. I can excuse meditators from any/all activities if deemed beneficial for their practice. I am happy to deliver food to your hut and you can meditate non-stop till you get pass DN, for e.g.
9. We clean the temple/lodging areas at 4-5pm which usually lasts much shorter. Basically you are free to do what you wish, although the expectation is that you are engaged in self-study or meditation.
10. The weather is cool and pleasant by South East Asia standards. View is great, air is great, surroundings are great, but do expect to live amongst insects and bites from mosquitoes are common. 

I think this place is an unknown gem, largely innocent and pure. I would like to welcome genuine meditators and am happy to provide meditation schedules, teachings, guidelines and interviews, if required. However, it is expected that you are self-disciplined. 

Please post your questions here so that it can serve as an FAQ as well. Wishing everyone here a wondrous journey!
thumbnail
Daniel - san, modified 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 11:37 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 11:36 PM

RE: Newbie Singaporean Monk Introduction from Thailand

Yilun Ong:

Hello Newbie Singaporean Monk from Thailand. Are you always all of those things, or do you sometimes take a break?
I'm a Longtime Californian Layperson from Maryland by the way. But TBH it's exhausting ;)
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 11:50 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/7/17 11:50 PM

Daniel - san:
Yilun Ong:

Hello Newbie Singaporean Monk from Thailand. Are you always all of those things, or do you sometimes take a break?
I'm a Longtime Californian Layperson from Maryland by the way. But TBH it's exhausting ;)

Hi Daniel! What do you mean by 'Are you always all of those things?' emoticon I suppose me like most others here, try to be, as much as we can. I do try to take a break for example, I stopped googling Trump for a month, I went back to backtracking his news and I found that the break from reading news is much better than taking a break to read about him! So I reckon breaks in both directions should be attempted to KNOW what is the real break we need hahaha.
Jose Moral, modified 6 Years ago at 8/9/17 6:12 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/9/17 6:12 AM

Thank you Yilun!
There are some beautiful unknown places in Thailand. I know some places but there are foreigners inside and because of that more distractions.
I will ask you in some months because I want to go back to Thailand and maybe that is a nice place for selfretreat and intensive lonely practice, right?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 8/9/17 7:54 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/9/17 7:54 PM

Jose Moral:
Thank you Yilun!
There are some beautiful unknown places in Thailand. I know some places but there are foreigners inside and because of that more distractions.
I will ask you in some months because I want to go back to Thailand and maybe that is a nice place for selfretreat and intensive lonely practice, right?
Yes there are huts quite far from the central temple if you are really seeking absolute seclusion. Let me know then!
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 8/12/17 5:59 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/12/17 5:59 AM

Thanks very much for the post. Will post it on the Wiki if you wish in the section recommeding retreat centers.
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 8/25/17 1:39 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/25/17 1:39 PM

Hi Yilun,

Thanks for posting this. I am very interested in doing a long-retreat in Thailand or Burma. Is there a website for this monastery?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 2:45 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 2:45 AM

Daniel M. Ingram:
Thanks very much for the post. Will post it on the Wiki if you wish in the section recommeding retreat centers.

Yes please thank you very much Daniel! emoticon
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 2:46 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/26/17 2:46 AM

Jinxed P:
Hi Yilun,

Thanks for posting this. I am very interested in doing a long-retreat in Thailand or Burma. Is there a website for this monastery?

Hi! 

I am afraid they do not have a website yet... How can I help you? You can try googling "Doi In Cee" emoticon
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 9:23 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 8:39 AM

Yilun Ong:
Jinxed P:
Hi Yilun,

Hi! 

I am afraid they do not have a website yet... How can I help you? You can try googling "Doi In Cee" emoticon
 If I go to Thailand/Burma for a long retreat it would most likely be sometime early next year and I'm just getting my lay of the land right now.  I did google Doi In Cee and it does look beautiful. 

For the mosquitos, do you guys have nets?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 11:43 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 8/27/17 11:43 PM

Jinxed P:
Yilun Ong:
Jinxed P:
Hi Yilun,

Hi! 

If I go to Thailand/Burma for a long retreat it would most likely be sometime early next year and I'm just getting my lay of the land right now.  I did google Doi In Cee and it does look beautiful. 

For the mosquitos, do you guys have nets?
Hi! Yes it is beautiful!

As the temple covers thousands of acres of land, the address is simply: Wat Doi In Cee, Doi Hang, Chiang Rai 57000, Thailand. There are 2 ways of getting here: 1 is by flight to Bangkok (or Chiang Mai) and fly again to Chiang Rai, the domestic flight should cost no more than 1400 baht if booked more than a week in advance. 2nd is take a 12 hour overnight bus from Mochit Bus Terminal (Bangkok) which runs ~3-8pm daily and costing 500-800 baht. I can make the necessary arrangements to pick you up or you can hail a taxi from anywhere in Chiang Rai to Doi In Cee for less than 300 baht. Upon arrival, you may elect to stay in town first. I highly recommend Ti Amo (or Chiang Rai Central) Hostel, an excellent place with a great host called Tom, an Irishman. With free breakfast, it costs a very affordable 200 baht per night. He can arrange for transport to ferry you to the temple or even do so himself.

All lodgings are protected by nettings which prevent bugs whilst many still sleep with mosquito tents inside them for guaranteed protection. There are also netted umbrellas that you can use if you meditate in the open. The issue with mosquitoes happen when you are out and about in the open which leaves one vulnerable, with the only remedies available being repellant sprays and creams. Mosquitoes and their bites are an excellent meditation object, you might discover! Hahahaha...

A German guy just checked in yesterday after hearing that there is an English -speaking Singaporean monk (me) here. I will try to get him to sign up on this forum so that he can share his own views and pursue spirituality with all your kind help! emoticon
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 10/8/17 12:52 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/8/17 12:52 PM

Hey Yilun,

I've been reading up more on Thailand and the area of Chang Rai. Something that concerns me is the burning season, generally from Feb-April (at least in Chiang Mai) and the pollution it causes. I've read an article that Chiang Rai is making efforts to curb their burning season. However, it is still a concern for me. Do you have any more info on this? The time of year, and whether or not it is advisable to avoid Chiang Rai during these months?

Also, as a non-monk, would I too go on the alms rounds to get food? Or would I eat from the kitchen?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/9/17 1:58 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/9/17 1:58 AM

Jinxed P:
Hey Yilun,

I've been reading up more on Thailand and the area of Chang Rai. Something that concerns me is the burning season, generally from Feb-April (at least in Chiang Mai) and the pollution it causes. I've read an article that Chiang Rai is making efforts to curb their burning season. However, it is still a concern for me. Do you have any more info on this? The time of year, and whether or not it is advisable to avoid Chiang Rai during these months?

Also, as a non-monk, would I too go on the alms rounds to get food? Or would I eat from the kitchen?

Hi! Although I have not been in Chiang Rai during Feb-Apr, I hear that the air is pristine all year round because we are up in the mountain, our temple prohibits the villagers from burning as we are conserving the forests here, we are not in a valley like Chiang Mai where the bad air gets stuck. 

You may join the monks on alms rounds as an experience but you do not need to go. After the monks return from alms, the food collected will be laid in a long table along with food prepared by the kitchen. After the monks have collected their food, you can choose anything that you want to consume or keep for later. The food here is fantastic frankly. emoticon
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 10/9/17 7:52 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/9/17 7:52 AM

Great news about the air!
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/9/17 9:41 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/9/17 9:41 AM

Jinxed P:
Great news about the air!

Just come. It is a great place, especially for practice. Clean air, tasty food, generous folks, kindest person I know (the abbot), great views, interesting treks... One can really live here for good if renouncing the world haha. I can ask the abbot if anyone wants to ordain short/long term. I think it is a great experience! emoticon
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 8:45 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 8:45 AM

Yes,  I very much want to. I still need to work some things out back here in the states. If I go, my time frame would probably be around March. 
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 10:39 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/11/17 10:39 PM

Jinxed P:
Yes,  I very much want to. I still need to work some things out back here in the states. If I go, my time frame would probably be around March. 

Weather is fantastic now: mid 10s-20s Celcius (~60-80F) and is very quiet now that Vassa is over. Great for those escaping harsh winters. There aren't any English-speaking Vipassana teachers, but I can help to post questions on DhO! emoticon

If anyone visits Chiang Rai, let me know. We can help the villagers by getting someone to drive you around (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Rong_Khun ) ( https://www.findingtheuniverse.com/2013/01/the-black-temple-of-chiang-rai.html ) ( https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297920-d2704360-Reviews-Khun_Korn_Waterfall-Chiang_Rai_Chiang_Rai_Province.html ) at a very surprising low cost, at least 5x less than what one will pay around town.
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/17/17 11:23 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/17/17 11:23 PM

Jinxed P:
Hi Yilun,

There is a facebook page that is in Thai, one may copy the descriptions, if interested in the content for machine translation, e.g. Google Translate. (FB's internal translation algorithm is terrible)

https://www.facebook.com/doiinsi
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 10/18/17 12:53 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/18/17 12:53 PM

Hey Yilun,

What are your recommendations regarding visas? Do you have a special meditation visa? Or do you have to do visa-runs every few months?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/18/17 8:31 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/18/17 8:31 PM

Jinxed P:
Hey Yilun,

What are your recommendations regarding visas? Do you have a special meditation visa? Or do you have to do visa-runs every few months?

I have am on a non-immigrant visa (mid/long term visa). If you are staying for 2 months or less, get the 30 or 60 day visa from the embassy in your home country. Definitely get the 60 if staying more than 30 days, as you will need to travel to Chiang Mai or to the Myanmar border to extend your visa, unless travelling is what you intend to do...
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 10/19/17 8:17 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/19/17 8:17 AM

Yilun Ong:
Jinxed P:
Hey Yilun,

I have am on a non-immigrant visa (mid/long term visa). If you are staying for 2 months or less, get the 30 or 60 day visa from the embassy in your home country. Definitely get the 60 if staying more than 30 days, as you will need to travel to Chiang Mai or to the Myanmar border to extend your visa, unless travelling is what you intend to do...
I would like to stay in Thailand for more than two months.How did you get your non-immigrant visa?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 10/19/17 8:39 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 10/19/17 8:36 AM

Jinxed P:
I would like to stay in Thailand for more than two months.How did you get your non-immigrant visa?

I ordained as a (semi-permanent: hopefully to complete Vipassana, with no plans thereafter) monk, the temple applied/processed the non-immigrant (Religious or Studies, I am not sure) visa application for me, although I had to travel 3-4 times to the Chiang Rai Immigrations Office at Mae Sai (Thai side of border). Would you like to be a monk for x months? It is a largely pleasant experience that shouldn't be dismissed, I can ask for you if you are interested hahaha. If not, you will have to do border runs to Mae Sai (60km away) - this can be arranged using a driver (< 1000 baht? + 500 baht to pay the Myanmar - Tachileik border) from the village and takes half a day. Do note that you are only allowed 2 runs per calendar year now with the new rules. So with a 60 day visa plus 2x 30 day renewals, you can stay a maximum of 120 days via border runs. You can however fly out (cheapest will be to Vientianne, Laos) and keep renewing the tourist visa if I am not wrong. The new rules are complicated (I am unsure of the flying out rules) and restrictive... 
Ho Frank, modified 6 Years ago at 11/6/17 9:17 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 11/6/17 9:17 PM

Hi Yilun, 

fellow Singaporean here. I am interested in doing short-term reclusion at Wat Doi In Cee, do you have any suggestion? I am very troubled by personal affairs and I am not sure if a short-term reclusion can help. Have thought of long-term be there are too much commitment that I don't see myself able to let go of all these commitment here in Singapore. Will be a big step for me to take even by doing a short-term reclusion. Appreciate your valuable advice.
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 11/6/17 9:47 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 11/6/17 9:47 PM

Ho Frank:
Hi Yilun, 

fellow Singaporean here. I am interested in doing short-term reclusion at Wat Doi In Cee, do you have any suggestion? I am very troubled by personal affairs and I am not sure if a short-term reclusion can help. Have thought of long-term be there are too much commitment that I don't see myself able to let go of all these commitment here in Singapore. Will be a big step for me to take even by doing a short-term reclusion. Appreciate your valuable advice.
Hi Frank!

You are most welcome as a lay person or for ordination as a monk. I would suggest simply 'not planning' and come for a retreat just to be alone and with nature, far away from all the noise. You can meditate if you choose to or when you are ready. I have never been happier in my life and although I may leave this place in the future, it is not a choice to be made now and thus I do not even think about it. Bring basic necessities (if there's anything you need, it's provided or can be bought from town) and leave your worries behind! emoticon
Ho Frank, modified 6 Years ago at 11/6/17 10:26 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 11/6/17 10:26 PM

Hi Yilun,

thanks for the advice. Really hope I can just 'not plan' and leave but still have this great responsibility to ensure all can be well-taken care of when I am not around, especially old-aged parents and my teenage daugther.

If I do go over, what would be the best transport to Chang Rai and from Chang Rai airport I just hail a cab to Wat Doi In Cee? Should I be booking a return flight or just one-way? I guess basic neccessity will be clothing only?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 11/7/17 2:25 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 11/7/17 2:25 AM

Ho Frank:
Hi Yilun,

thanks for the advice. Really hope I can just 'not plan' and leave but still have this great responsibility to ensure all can be well-taken care of when I am not around, especially old-aged parents and my teenage daugther.

If I do go over, what would be the best transport to Chang Rai and from Chang Rai airport I just hail a cab to Wat Doi In Cee? Should I be booking a return flight or just one-way? I guess basic neccessity will be clothing only?
The easiest will be to book a flight with Airasia (connecting flight SIN - BKK - CR). Let me know when you are arriving and I can arrange to pick you up from Chiang Rai airport. If you are definitely staying more than 30 days, go get a 60 day visa before flying over, if you are not sure, you can do border runs which is 60 km away - not a huge hassle. I would simpy book one way and book the return tickets when I am more sure. Just bring yourself and what you absolutely have to use; the white clothing that you will wear, will be provided however it is quite chilly now, so bring some 'winter' clothing...
Jinxed P, modified 6 Years ago at 1/7/18 10:35 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/6/18 2:15 PM

Yilun,

I just booked my flight to Thailand Feb 14th to May 10. I will be starting out in Phuket for a week, going to the beaches and adjusting to the time difference. Then I'll head to Chiang Mai, and perhaps do a retreat there. Or maybe Chiang Rai first. I haven't decided. But I should be in Chiang Rai in late February or March sometime! I would love to stay at your monastery for about 6 weeks!
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 1/8/18 4:03 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/8/18 4:03 AM

Sure! Let me know. Just came out from a deep forest 'retreat'... emoticon
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 6 Years ago at 1/9/18 10:57 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/9/18 10:57 PM

Posted your burb on the center on the Wiki and linked to this thread.

Thanks!

Daniel
Jose Moral, modified 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:15 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:15 AM

Here again!
I am planning to visit Thailand from mid february to mid april. Are you still living there?
I am very interested in going there...and need practice in nature

((tell me and we keep in touch!))
Sean, modified 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:24 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:24 AM

Hi Yilun,

I've been looking into doing some retreats in northern Thailand, possibly as soon as February. Is it best to keep in touch with you here as I figure out more of the details and have more questions?
Yilun Ong, modified 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 9:57 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:27 AM

Thank you Daniel on behalf of all who have/will benefit from all your Dhamma endeavours!

Yes Sean & Jose, you are most welcome. You can email me: ongyeeloon (at) gmail

Much Metta...
thumbnail
Nick O, modified 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:41 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 1/12/18 10:41 AM

Definitely interested in visiting as well, Yilun. It may be some time but I'll get out there! 
Dom Stone, modified 5 Years ago at 7/18/18 12:50 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/18/18 12:50 PM

Hi Yilung, I'm not sure if you still visit these boards but I would be interested in visiting your monastery for 1 month starting December. The noise of my world is too high for me to overcome certain barriers right now, and it would be amazing!
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 5 Years ago at 7/18/18 2:24 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/18/18 2:18 PM

Yilun Ong:

2. I can teach Samatha (1-8J) and Vipassana up to Stream Entry (all achievable within 2-3 months). 

Yilun Ong,

Could you explain how you define Stream Entry and what is it like to experience? There are different schools of Buddhism that seem to have different definitions and offer different experiences, and it would be wise for potential students to know specifically what they can expect to learn from you.

Thanks
Duncan Idaho, modified 4 Years ago at 4/16/19 1:03 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/16/19 12:48 AM

edit: I landed here from the Wiki, missed the first link that give the information I'm looking for. https://www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/message_boards/message/7502578

Hi!

I'd be interested to come for a 2 weeks retreat in July, coming from Singapore.
What should I do? Any way to contact you directly?

Stupid question but... is there a phone line in the center? Although I don't intend to use it, my wife would never let me go if she couldn't reach me in case of emergency.

Breadcrumb