Bill Hamilton Four Path Model

thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 3:04 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/13/23 10:43 PM

Bill Hamilton Four Path Model

I am trying to find information on the four path model as Bill Hamilton would have taught it.

How are the different paths recognized/defined/identified/distinguished?

Can anyone explain this or suggest links? 

And I have a general question that might be related: Are there different perceptual changes that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual changes?
​​​​​​​

And I have a general question that might be related: Are there different perceptual shifts that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual shifts? 

Thanks
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 7:54 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 7:47 AM

RE: Bill Hamilton Four Path Model

First, Kenneth Folk is the closest to Bill Hamilton both in terms of their personal releationship and in their teaching. Daniel Ingram is also pretty close.  Here is a series of podcasts that you might want to listen to:

https://player.fm/series/buddhist-geeks-1455/kenneth-folk-on-bill-hamilton

You can read Bill Hamilton's book "Saints and Psychopaths," but it's hard to find. It's over $75 on Amazon right now. I think the closest you'll get to what Bill Hamiton taught is found in MCTB, but I could be wrong about that. There's a DhO Wiki page on Bill Hamilton written by Daniel Ingram:

MCTB Bill Hamilton's Model

Second, what do you mean by "perceptual changes?" Do you mean changes in how you actually perceive objects with your senses, or something else?
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 3:05 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 10:10 AM

Chris M
First, Kenneth Folk is the closest to Bill Hamilton both in terms of their personal releationship and in their teaching. Daniel Ingram is also pretty close.  Here is a series of podcasts that you might want to listen to:

https://player.fm/series/buddhist-geeks-1455/kenneth-folk-on-bill-hamilton

You can read Bill Hamilton's book "Saints and Psychopaths," but it's hard to find. It's over $75 on Amazon right now. I think the closest you'll get to what Bill Hamiton taught is found in MCTB, but I could be wrong about that. There's a DhO Wiki page on Bill Hamilton written by Daniel Ingram:

MCTB Bill Hamilton's Model

Second, what do you mean by "perceptual changes?" Do you mean changes in how you actually perceive objects with your senses, or something else?
Thank you for the links.

Perceptual changes is a term I have heard other people use. I don't know what it means, I am trying to find out.

Perceptual shift is a term I have heard other people use. I don't know what it means, I am trying to find out.
Olivier S, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 2:34 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 2:34 PM

Hey,

Here's a pdf of Bill Hamilton's book !

Cheers,
​​​​​​​Olivier
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 3:06 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 3:06 PM

Chris M

Oops, the term I meant is "perceptual shift".
thumbnail
Stirling Campbell, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 3:42 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 3:42 PM

Hi Jim,

I personally think that the "awakening" experience (and certainly its deepening) are fairly unique for each person, though there seems to be a definite initial insight into reality, and eventually a falling away of identity view and insight into no-self. The surprise is that even after this seemingly final shift, the deepening of insight never seems to stop. 

In terms of shifts in perception, those I have met who have entered the "stream" definitely have shifts in the way that things are percieved and an eventual dissolving of the sense doors, but I don't think those shifts correspond with any system or model that I have read. 

Dreamwalker has a good go at discussing these changes here that I found helpful in widening and dissolving those spaces:

https://www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/message_boards/view_message/5800908#_com_liferay_message_boards_web_portlet_MBPortlet_message_5800939
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 4:23 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 4:23 PM

Thanks Stirling.
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 12:33 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/14/23 5:44 PM

[Update: crossposted and expanded here: https://www.dharmaoverground.org/c/message_boards/find_message?p_l_id=10262&messageId=26068664]

Okay.

I am not implying these do or don't fit on the scale of awakening but some perceptual shifts that some folks might notice are:
  • At first you see events as the cause of suffering, later you see events are not the cause of suffering, the cause of suffering is your reaction to the event. This doesn't mean you ignore problems, it means you can respond to them with compassion and reason rather than out of control selfish emotions.

• Unpleasant emotions and cravings at first seem involuntary, later they seem to be more like habits that you engage in inadvertently and with attention and effort you can stop making yourself suffer by staying relaxed, staying mindful in the moment - neither suppressing thoughts, emotions and impulses nor getting carried away by them - not mistaking the stories they try to tell you about good and bad, right and wrong, winning and losing for anything to do with reality.

• Actually that's another perceptual shift somewhat related to the first two above: at first you think emotions are about reality, for example: in such and such a situation it is right to get angry, later you realize those kinds of stories are not reality, they are just a dream about how make yourself suffer.

• Initially you think the ego is you and is the good guy in all the mental stories the mind weaves. Later you realize the ego is an opinion that is the main character in the plot to make yourself suffer.

These perceptual shifts come from observing the activity of the mind and observing how dukkha arises and fades and how the ego is involved in dukkha. They result in less suffering and in changes in behavior, they change one's approach to dealing with problems, and reactions to problems are less like emotional lashing out.
shargrol, modified 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 7:16 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 7:16 AM

Good observations. Yes, this general pattern of de-identification with mind objects and re-identification with "the mind" is an important part of developing meditation-based insights. It really is worth reading MCTB to see how this evolves over the four paths. (I give a really simplified version further below...)

In Cook-Greuter's terms, once a person is at the "Construct-Aware" level of adult development (p.28 https://apacoaches.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Cook-Greuter-2007-Ego-Development-Nine-Levels-of-Increasing-Embrace.pdf ) they can truly begin really practicing meditation at the level of deconstucting the default/automatic egoic worldview. 

An excerpt:

Construct-aware individuals are people who have become aware of the pattern of development that encompasses an ever broader realm of experience and thought. They realize that the “ego” has functioned both as a central processing unit for all stimuli and as a central point of reference and self-identity. Once they realize this fundamental ego-centricity, it is felt as a constraint to further growth and understanding. Construct-aware people start to wonder about the meaningfulness of more and more complex thought structures and integrations such as can be imagined with a fifth or nth person perspective. They start to realize the absurdity or automatic limits of human map making in the representational domain.

Unlike earlier stages, Construct-aware persons are aware of the ego’s clever and vigilant machinations at self-preservation. This is the first time in development that the ego becomes transparent to itself . Final knowledge about the self or anything else is seen as illusive and unattainable through effort and reason because all conscious thought, all cognition is recognized as constructed and, therefore, split off from the underlying, cohesive, non-dual truth.

By turning further inward, Construct-aware persons start to see through their own attempts at meaning making, and become aware of the profound splits and paradoxes inherent in rational thought. In many ways, they individually rediscover the Korzybski’s notion (1948) that “the map is not the territory.” The linguistic process of splitting into polar opposites and the attending value judgments can become conscious. Good and evil, life and death, beauty and ugliness may now appear as two sides of the same coin, as mutually necessitating and defining each other. Moreover, the constant judging of what is good and what is not creates much of the tension and unhappiness so prevalent in ordinary waking consciousness. Construct-aware individuals generally have a dynamic and multi-faceted understanding of human nature and the complexities of human interaction. They want to face their own profound need for theories and explanations. They hope to unearth the limits of the rational mind, and to unlearn their automatic, conditioned responses based on memory and continuous, everyday cultural reinforcement.

While meditation/mindfulness is helpful at all stages of adult development, I tend to think that it can only really lead to the four paths if someone is well established in the Constuct-aware stage. If someone is not at this stage, meditation will allow them to better "digest" the raw material of earlier stages  and "clean up" their psychology (i.e. replacing primitive defense mechanisms with more mature defense mechanisms (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanism)... which spurs maturity/development until someone is "Construct-aware".

I think it's basically impossible to verbally describe the four paths, but here's an attempt:

• SE is not a insight into the contents of mind, but into the energy of attention itself. When the force of self-centered attention weakens enough, through the allowing of experience to arise and pass without manipulation/resistance, de-identification with attention-as-self is possible.
  • 2ND is very similar, but the focus is more the "inner" body of visceral/pre-emotional urges and the spatial-ish dimension of the "inward looking" mind. This is done through lots of investigation/de-identification with somatic body centers (AKA chakras) and much deeper experiences of jhanas, especially formless jhanas.
  • 3RD is more "outward" looking, especially at the "emptiness" in all of lived experience. Relating to a vivid yet empty world without resistance or manipulation. At this stage, temporal clinging to formed and unformed experience significantly goes away. 
  • 4TH is more inward, especially at inner reactivity/views that imply a residual self identity, especially including a sense of "higher" or  "spiritual" identity or ambition. 
It's my personal belief that each stage of adult development, including the four paths, is more of a tipping point than a complete re-boot. There is not a 100% elimination of an old, limited view after an epiphany/insight, but it also can't be unlearned/unseen.  

So at any given stage, there are always at least two kinds of problems that exist: one that is related to the degree of incomplete insight (incomplete tipping point) as well as the new problems/confusions of the new stage (struggles with the ongoing development of the new stage).

That all said, it's really useless to try to figure this stuff out. All of the insights of the "paths" are non-verbal and so can't really be explained in any meaningful way. But I found reading about this stuff helpful, sort of a confidence boost.

However, I also spent way too much time as an young adult trying to "figure out" all this stuff without actually doing a meditation practice. Cook-Greuter has a good label for this: "Aboutism".  (This in a PDF titled "Nine Levels Of Increasing Embrace In Ego Development: A Full-Spectrum Theory Of Vertical Growth And Meaning Making" but I can't find an online link.)

An excerpt:

Aboutism: Because of their access to formal operational thinking, Achievers can create complex theories as well as learn all about complex topics. However this is done from an external point of view: They can learn to know everything there is to know about a theory without transfer of the conceptions to their interior life. Thus, one can pass a test in integral theory, for instance, and yet hold the theory as an Achiever. In EDT we call this external knowing about complex theories “aboutism.” High intelligence and access to cognitive complex thought can seduce individuals to overestimate their ego-development.

I do think it can be helpful to try and understand what is truly involved in the four paths, but it's also futile to truly understand without a consistent, daily, non-heroic meditation practice and (usually) wise use of multi-day retreats. 

Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone in some way. Definitely feel free to ignore.

thumbnail
Pepe ·, modified 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 11:15 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 11:15 AM

Cook-Greuter has a good label for this: "Aboutism".  (This in a PDF titled "Nine Levels Of Increasing Embrace In Ego Development: A Full-Spectrum Theory Of Vertical Growth And Meaning Making" but I can't find an online link.)

​​​​​​​click and download in the [PDF] Cook-Greuter.com 
Edward, modified 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 12:00 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/15/23 12:00 PM

Jim Smith
I am trying to find information on the four path model as Bill Hamilton would have taught it.

Can anyone explain this or suggest links? 

And I have a general question that might be related: Are there different perceptual changes that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual changes?
​​​​​​​

And I have a general question that might be related: Are there different perceptual shifts that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual shifts? 

Thanks

I'm sure you'll find Kevin Schanilec's model interesting. It directly answers your question. Series of interviews on how each fetter dropping changes perception in his interviews on YouTube with Angelo Dilullo 
Olivier S, modified 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 5:22 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 5:22 AM

Hey Shargrol,

How would you relate your own views on the various levels in this form of deelopment (1st, second, etc. paths) with Cook-Greuter's model ? 
I would tend to see the paths as finer stages within her 6th one.

Have you ever thought of formalizing your thoughts on this, perhaps in some journal publication?

Cheers,
O
shargrol, modified 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 7:08 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 7:08 AM

I generally agree, but sometimes I think trying to unify maps is a lost cause. For example, the early stages of 1st path/POI clearly can happen much earlier in life. And it seems like some rare people have SE without really cleaning up a lot of their underlying developmental stuff, they have a "Stategist" view of things despite seemingly going through SE. The world is a wacky place.

(Ultimately, that's why I think "tipping point" makes the most sense --- it allows for those odd outliers. Just like maybe a atom in your morning cup of coffee can statistically reach escape velocity, the universe seems to allow for these rare events. But that said, there is also an underlying stability which dominates so, most of the time, progress really does require dedicated effort and sequetial/incremental development...)

I also think that there is some relativity to the maps, for example construct-aware might look different in a traditional society than a modern society. Maybe not, too. emoticon But it is interesting to read biographies of the Therevada monks and hear the language/metaphysics they use to describe their experiences... it's still very mythical in flavor. But that could simply be the way I hear it rather than the way it actually was for them.

And of course there are problems at the other end of the map. While POI is fairly well established, there are a lot of different views on the essential aspects of 2 though 4 it seems to me... and Cook-Grueter Stage 6 still has the I/I, or Watcher, or creative ground of unified consciousness -- ideas like that -- so that kind of Atman-ish map is contrary to the Anatman insights of 3 and 4 path especially...

Honestly, my thoughts on this really aren't grounded in enough data for my liking. I still think my map is mostly suggestive at best, at least by the standards I have for data/evidence, and that's why people should only consider it if seems useful. I think we're still quite away from "the one right map". There are lots of perfect maps... if you allow them to throw away the outlier data. emoticon 
shargrol, modified 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 7:19 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 7:13 AM

Edward
Jim Smith I am trying to find information on the four path model as Bill Hamilton would have taught it. How are the different paths recognized/defined/identified/distinguished? Can anyone explain this or suggest links?  And I have a general question that might be related: Are there different perceptual changes that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual changes? ​​​​​​​ And I have a general question that might be related: Are there different perceptual shifts that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual shifts?  Thanks
I'm sure you'll find Kevin Schanilec's model interesting. It directly answers your question. Series of interviews on how each fetter dropping changes perception in his interviews on YouTube with Angelo Dilullo 
I think this is a good link for the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR2bLIYLsk_QMixd5gWvu0XTprRq8nf2d  

EDIT: looks like he wrote up his experiences, too: https://www.simplytheseen.com/my-experiences.html
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 1:06 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/16/23 1:05 PM

I know nothing about this stuff emoticon total dummy over here but in my experience the Watcher or Witness disappeared after the cessation. ( as in SE in June 2019)

It arrived after my thinking/discursive mind fell far into the background back in 2010 which predates the 2011 fall into DN territory. But the watcher was still there. It has no comments. It just knows it all. It can feel like a "true self". Even like "the true awakened Me". 

Yeah. emoticon not sure if this info can be used by some but here we have it. 
Olivier S, modified 6 Months ago at 10/17/23 6:22 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/17/23 6:22 AM

shargrol
I generally agree, but sometimes I think trying to unify maps is a lost cause. For example, the early stages of 1st path/POI clearly can happen much earlier in life. And it seems like some rare people have SE without really cleaning up a lot of their underlying developmental stuff, they have a "Stategist" view of things despite seemingly going through SE. The world is a wacky place.

(Ultimately, that's why I think "tipping point" makes the most sense --- it allows for those odd outliers. Just like maybe a atom in your morning cup of coffee can statistically reach escape velocity, the universe seems to allow for these rare events. But that said, there is also an underlying stability which dominates so, most of the time, progress really does require dedicated effort and sequetial/incremental development...)

I also think that there is some relativity to the maps, for example construct-aware might look different in a traditional society than a modern society. Maybe not, too. emoticon But it is interesting to read biographies of the Therevada monks and hear the language/metaphysics they use to describe their experiences... it's still very mythical in flavor. But that could simply be the way I hear it rather than the way it actually was for them.

And of course there are problems at the other end of the map. While POI is fairly well established, there are a lot of different views on the essential aspects of 2 though 4 it seems to me... and Cook-Grueter Stage 6 still has the I/I, or Watcher, or creative ground of unified consciousness -- ideas like that -- so that kind of Atman-ish map is contrary to the Anatman insights of 3 and 4 path especially...

Honestly, my thoughts on this really aren't grounded in enough data for my liking. I still think my map is mostly suggestive at best, at least by the standards I have for data/evidence, and that's why people should only consider it if seems useful. I think we're still quite away from "the one right map". There are lots of perfect maps... if you allow them to throw away the outlier data. emoticon 

Of course you don't have a pefect model yourself, Shargrol, but your expert opinion is still invaluable, and imho more nuanced than most other theories in developmental psychology thay I have encountered, including Cook-greuter's model. 

I definitely agree that although it has many qualities, including a nice sense of the overall arch and astute observations of the evolution of psychology, character, concerns, orientations, etc., throughout the entire trajectory, Cook-Greuter's map also has various flaws, including: it is a bit too specific culturally, as it reflects values and personality development in very modern western countries, but it is doubtful that the conventional "autonomous adult" looks the same or has the same characteristics in all societies; it is linear; it is not very dimensional, thus quite cookie-cutter with the whole "package deal" thing (ie "everyone goes through the same exact development on all levels in a simultaneous manner and in this order") and thus doesn't really reflect individual variability, does not seem to include an awareness of the challenging phases of such development which are imo too common and important to overlook (which the POI does a great job at describing), does not to my knowledge include descriptions of many of the phenomena and experiences we know can happen along the way, like energetic stuff, archetypal stuff, etc., does not seem to include a cyclical aspect, does not offer so many options as to what to do or not do at each stage, and other problems which you pointed out — in short it is simplistic and idealistic and probably not that practical ! 

Also, it seems to have been developed based on previous theories of development and sentence completion tests, so, it is somewhat speculative, and likely could be refined by more and better and reliable empirical observations, possibly including aspects like physiological correlates — so, basically low evidence quality and simplistic models.

And then linguistically, it is sort of idiosyncratic in naming the stages, which is an obstacle to a broader diffusion, as only those who are comfortable with such language (like us who don't mind using the term "ñanas") are likely to adopt these terms (the "strategist", etc.), but this sort of jargon seems an obstacle to the diffusion of these ideas.

These limitations seem to have been obstacles to the many recent attempts to scale this (like happened with transpersonal psychology, humanistic psychology [Maslow's stuff], etc.), although the difficulties in being integrated in standard practice and "mainstreamed" seem to be linked with a whole host of other factors beyond just the quality of the research, including financial stuff, political stuff, etc. The whole model of "self-actualization" involving peak, nadir and plateau experiences in Maslow is pretty neat, as is the spiritual emergence and spiritual emergency stuff by the Grofs, but they also suffer from some of the limitations I just outlined.

And as you say, there are other kinds of limitations at the other end of the spectrum, i.e. traditional maps like the POI, christian, islamic, jewish, hindu, or folk models that say something about the elephant, but are also usually very culturally-bound, myth-heavy, etc.

I am not sure it is possible to have a perfect "map" that would account for all possible trajectories either. The history of medicine however, among other disciplines that saw spectacular developments over time, does offer a lot of counterexamples. Genetics was inconceivable in the 19th century, and yet it can now account and predict for a lot of phenomena which seemed imponderable before. A perfect medical theory is probably impossible, but a better theory than the four humors was definitely possible !

I do have the sense that, if a more realisticand nuanced version of this kind of model, inclusive of e.g. Cook-Greuter and POI among others, that would be empirically-backed and represent the consensus of many experts, incorporating the various criteria just outlined, "scaled" or became mainstream — say, a standard part of highschool curriculum perhaps, or at least was taught to all people training to be medical doctors or psychotherapists and the likes, as well as to those teaching emergent practices, then that would likely be transformative systems change and beneficial for the world. Such a theory wouldn't have to provide THE perfect and final description/teasing apart of the highest end of this sort of development (let's say, post 1st/2nd path).

TBH, even if it only gave a reasonably nuanced and practical account of this stuff up to and including "first path", then that would be an incredible improvement, I think, over the basically complete ignorance (overall) of even the most basic patterns that people go through with this stuff that is currently the norm... E.g., a more meaningful and better response, better options, to "I had this peak experience and now am freaking out and my life is going to shit, help" than the standard "you have a pathology, this is abnormal, we will give you meds to treat your symptoms" leaving people isolated and one their own to find underground resources like the present forum (if they are lucky).

In terms of this general research, Daniel wants to refocus current efforts on a few core projects, including the "Expert Opinion Project" and the "Empirical Validation of the stages of insight", which taken together, and including some other things like reviews and theoretical stuff, could actually lead to having something like what I just described — a nuanced, realistic, consensual, empirically-backed, predictive and prescriptive resource with better guidelines for managing difficult stuff and cultivating good stuff than can easily be found anywhere currently, for clinicians and teachers of practices that lead to these kinds of territories — and this could happen within the next couple of years if these projects get funded. The assumption is that such a resource could then likely be scaled more easily than e.g. Cook-greuter's stuff. 

What are your thoughts ?

Olivier S, modified 6 Months ago at 10/17/23 6:30 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/17/23 6:30 AM

P.s.: there are some people working to update Cook-Greuter's stages, (like this articel, which includes a few more stages at the higher end) including in the eprc, like Roman Angerer ("Development as transcendental pluralism"). I do think it needs more of the stuff I just described, but it's still cool.
shargrol, modified 6 Months ago at 10/17/23 7:17 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/17/23 7:17 AM

Olivier, we're very much on the same page, I share those thoughts/critiques nearly exactly. (With one note: Cook-Grueter tries to make it clear that her stages are never occuring in simple stepwise fashion, a person is always at a blur of different stages at the same time, depending on circumstances.)

Another big aspect to this domain is the mapping of pathologies, and this is where it gets really interesting. What is the best "treatment" - just time for someone to develop? more meditation? more therapy, and if so, which therapy?

In the physical exercise world, the people who are always miles ahead are the clinicians/trainers/therapists. They are the ones that see hundreds of people a year, fix problems or fail to do so, and learn the most over a decade. In contrast, the academic folks are the ones that eventually formalize it... which becomes dogmatic for the next decade.

My hope is that we invest most of our time as "trainers" so to speak. I have a hunch that going too academic kills all the big meditation-related movements. But creating the practical improvement of individuals, one-on-one, will give the throughput needed to help people and get the volumes of data that will be of most benefit. 

But of course it's not one or the other, there is a lot to be done in all dimensions of this stuff.
thumbnail
Griffin, modified 6 Months ago at 10/23/23 3:33 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/23/23 3:32 PM

I have some reservations in regards to ego development stages, because they seem to smush together moral, intellectual and spiritual development. I remember listening to an interview (I can't recall with whom it was, it might have been Jeffery Martin or Robert Kegan), where I heard some interesting examples about how awakening and ego development stages are orthogonal to each other. An awakened person at impulsive stage becomes messianic and exploitative, seeing their awakening as individual and unique. An awakened person at traditional stage sees the awakening as something that belongs only to their tradition, dogma and culture. And at higher stages there is meta-systemic understanding etc.

Jeffery Martin has conducted a study about this for his PhD thesis "Ego Development Stage Does Not Predict Persistent Non-Symbolic Experience". I know how controversial he is (and rightly so), but his conclusion doesn't seem to add marketing/financial value to the Finder's course (on the contrary), so I don't think we should discard the research (especially if it is the only one on the topic).
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Months ago at 10/23/23 4:01 PM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/23/23 4:01 PM

Griffin, thanks for posting that link to Martin's research. It uses the same subject data as in his original paper.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 6 Months ago at 10/28/23 7:04 AM
Created 6 Months ago at 10/28/23 7:04 AM

Jim Smith
Saints and Psychopaths

Are there different perceptual changes that accompany each path in the four path model, and if so what are the perceptual changes?

Thanks
A Framework of Awakening
I have tried to work out the different shifts/awakenings in order of the 4 path model. It is really complicated honestly.
Give it a read, I do need to update it quite a bit and have been lazy. It is what it is and useful only to some people.
 I make no claims to perfection but it has been useful to some people that I worked with.
May it help you too.
​​​​​​​~D

Breadcrumb