Hands in walking meditation

thumbnail
water drop, modified 9 Years ago at 2/21/15 3:20 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/21/15 2:44 PM

Hands in walking meditation

When i walk i usually hold my left hand with my right  infront of me but it causes me pain in the left hand and pain in my shoulder and shoulder blade

my teacher said i can switch hands but it also hurts - and another teacher said that if i want to i can hold the hands behind my back but it dosent help  - and a teacher said i shouldnt hold both hands crossed one in eachoter so they are both in the middle without one hand holding the other - why is that ?

manly i want to know if there is a significance to a special hand  - does the hand "mudra" matter ? how?why?

and does it matter in walking as it does in the sitting meditation ?

How people here in this forum hold their hands when doing walking medtation ?
Small Steps, modified 9 Years ago at 2/21/15 5:08 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/21/15 5:08 PM

RE: Hands in walking meditation

I personally don't ascribe much significance to hand mudras, so I just hold them in the most comfortable position. I've also been healing a long term shoulder injury for about a year now. A while ago holding the hands in front or behind of the body led to some pain. I just let the arms drop to the side then when the pain became a great distraction.

I won't guess as to why certain teachers don't like a certain mudra. Probably best just to ask.