This thing about sex...

Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/25/11 1:13 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/25/11 1:13 PM

This thing about sex...

Hi,

I've been following this forum a bit and the thing that comes up is that people are worried about losing their sex drive.

I phrase it like that exactly, since it's not about "sex drive being so difficult to overcome". It's about not wanting to overcome it because it gives you personal pleasure.

It's one of the most selfish desires there is.

In AF you can have sex, I have seen Richard write about it. Real sex.

Part of this appears to come from being under 25. Hormones and sex oriented instincts are very active then. Maybe a bit harder to overcome at that age, but still possible.

"Fear? Fine, I'll get rid of it. Aggression? Sure!"

These things get in the way of the self's desires anyway.

It's a trap. You are perfectly happy to get rid of the things that make the self miserable, but don't want to get rid of the things that give the self pleasure. That's why you're at this for 5 months... a year... 2 years.

You will never get there if you refuse to apply the method to things that you want to keep. You can think "ok, I'll work on this", but have the underlying desire to keep that thing. Work on THAT.

You might not have the desire for sex anymore. But your sex organs (sensate experience) will still respond as this body does. The human race will not die out because of this.

In AF you get to have sex better than ever before. And the other person will be respected appropriately.

And, if this does not do it for you, I'm sorry, but I have to say: Get over it.

If you're an adult, you should be able to control your sexual desires.
Adam Bieber, modified 12 Years ago at 8/25/11 8:02 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/25/11 8:02 PM

RE: This thing about sex...

Simon L:
I phrase it like that exactly, since it's not about "sex drive being so difficult to overcome". It's about not wanting to overcome it because it gives you personal pleasure.

Thanks, this helps